Hey guys, jut did a bottom end on my 04 yz 250, and the clutch won't engage. What I mean by this is it will start in neutral, and once I drop it into first (with the ever pulled) it stalls out. When I depress my clutch lever the actuator is fully engaged, so I don't see that being the issue, I've read that sometimes after you take out or put in clutch plates they stick because oil hasn't flowed through the plates all the way yet. I'm at a loss, any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance 

Did you soak clutches/plates before install? 

Did you install the arm on the case back in the correct spot, if not it won't get full separation of clutch and plates

I didn't soak them, but I took them out and just re installed them. They were still a little oily but were sitting on a rag on the shelf for a god week so perhaps I just need to soak them more? Thanks

I usually fill a clean bowl stack high and drop in one at a time to be sure both sides get oil.

Ok I'll do that right when I get off work. Another think I read was it could've a little ball at the base of the rod that goes I the middle of the basket, could that be it? And also, I'm able to switch between all gears while it's off, starts in neutral, depress the clutch lever to go into first gear and right when it gets there it stalls 

Yep no clutch will do that, as far as the ball bearing I'm not familiar with that, mine does not, but if your missing anything there it while definitely not push far enough to release the clutches! Here's a pic of my clutch rod set up if it helps. Left side being towards the outer case. Mines a 02 yz250

IMG_20170421_144147486~2.jpg