tires for Alberta trail riding

I am looking for some advice on the best(cheaper) rear tire for my 03 kx250. I mainly ride the trails in Alberta, occasionally bc. The trails are usually hard and rocky. but also has plenty of muddy soft areas. 

Thanks in advance.

After I swapped out the factory Dunlop (junk) off my WR450,  I put on a kenda millville. The millville was a pretty good all-round tire. Just swapped it out (after 5 Years) this winter for a shinko 520. Haven't tried it yet, but there were lots of good comments about them. I'm thinking the kenda is less money, and would buy another in a heartbeat. 

I've been doing some research on the bridgestone x30s and maxxis 7305Ds. Have you had any experience with those?I am now going to look up the Millvilles.

thanks!!

I've been doing some research on the bridgestone x30s and maxxis 7305Ds. Have you had any experience with those?I am now going to look up the Millvilles.
thanks!!

Best bang for the buck Bridgestone Front M59 rear X20 buy them from Fortnine in Canada $10 off free shipping when you buy 2 tires. Softer compound will perform way better typical 40 hours use (hour meter motor time) been through 3 sets keep coming back to this combo after trying other higher cost options....my buddies and racers recommend.
  • Like 1

I was looking at the Bridgestone M59 as it was rated very well, but I couldn't get one at the time. My buddy rides maxxis tires, and swears by them. Not sure which model he runs. No personal experience with Bridgestone tires myself. I did quite a bit of reading on what people liked and disliked on TT, which can help with a decision. I went with a Michelin Starcross5 soft for my front. I'm itching to go for a ride to try them out.

Probably the most commonly used tire in AB is the IRC M5B.  It has big aggressive lugs but a slightly softer carcass which helps it grip hard terrain.

Tire choice really depends on the trails you ride and the time of year.  When its wet and mucky, the IRC is prob the best choice.  Once things dry out and get hard, something even softer will work even better.  Lots of people go to trials tires or trials hybrid tires because of the fantastic grip on hard terrain.

• Like 1