2001 rm250 problem

I have a 2001 rm250 that I just recently rebuilt the top end. And after breaking it in and riding it for a little I noticed that it's very laggy to hitting powerband. It doesn't quite bog down but it takes a second. Anyone know what my problem could be? Thanks

Do you still have the power valve solenoid on your bike?

IMG_1929.thumb.JPG.4315088ea0b6bb93dfde6fcc02cf6ce9.JPG

It's pretty common on the '00 & '01 250's for these to get gummed up with exhaust goo and get stuck in the closed position, which prevents the power valve from opening when it should. 

Do you still have the power valve solenoid on your bike?
IMG_1929.thumb.JPG.4315088ea0b6bb93dfde6fcc02cf6ce9.JPG
It's pretty common on the '00 & '01 250's for these to get gummed up with exhaust goo and get stuck in the closed position, which prevents the power valve from opening when it should. 

I will have to look. Do you know where it might be located?

Ok. It is a expensive part to replace and a pain to clean. Not surprised that it's been removed. 

You don't necessarily need it. Just be sure vent hose for power valve is clear of any obstructions and set power valve tension (knob on left side of cylinder) to 1 full turn, instead of 1/2 turn and see if that helps. 

• Like 1

Okay I will try that. How do I know that it is at zero turns?

Ok. It is a expensive part to replace and a pain to clean. Not surprised that it's been removed. 
You don't necessarily need it. Just be sure vent hose for power valve is clear of any obstructions and set power valve tension (knob on left side of cylinder) to 1 full turn, instead of 1/2 turn and see if that helps. 

Nevermind I looked it up on YouTube. Thank you. I will let you know how it works out

sounds like could be a lean bog too. did you change any carb settings?

Edited by DylDog

I have a 2001 rm250 that I just recently rebuilt the top end. And after breaking it in and riding it for a little I noticed that it's very laggy to hitting powerband. It doesn't quite bog down but it takes a second. Anyone know what my problem could be? Thanks

I fixed it. I just had to adjust the power valve. Thank you to everyone for the help