1983 Yamaha IT490 value

Just curious what you guys think a good condition, fairly clean 83 IT490 should go for.

There is a guy selling one locally but his asking price seems very high. I have not looked at the bike in person yet so i cant comment on it actual condition. 

So let say the bike itself is sound and doesn't need anything what is a fair price range. 

I will post a link to the add after i get a few comments, i dont want sway anyones option at the moment. 

I'd pay at most $2000, but it would have to be right off the showroom floor.

• Like 1

Paperwork makes all the difference.$12-1500 for a great clean rider. Prob $500 more for streetable title

here in NZ one of those in gd allround tidy condition would probably sell for 4-5k nzd and another 1k on top IF it was road registered..........
regardless of their value id just pay up to have one IF i really wanted because money comes n goes unlike it 490's

Edited by exare
aded xtra content

Thanks guy's.  The bike is listed at $2000. From the pictures it looks like a $1200 bike maybe a little more.  I hate to lowball  someone that much but his price is a little unrealistic in my opinion. I want to add one to my collection but not overpay for one.

That thing looks pretty good. I'd say $1,500 is the absolute max on that bike. It's in pretty good shape though for a 30+ year old two stroke bike. If you can get $1,200 I'd say it's a good deal.

Which pic is a different bike?

The one with the picture of the glossy pipe...... now you need to find the difference!

Man you've got a good eye. After staring at it for about 20 minutes I figured it out. The rear plastic and air box give it away I think.

Looks like  the same bike. Maybe replaced the swingarm at one point and put that pic in accidentally? Idk

There's something different about the airbox from pic 1 and pic 7

Edited by Igotr8e8rs

1 hour ago, Igotr8e8rs said:

Looks like  the same bike. Maybe replaced the swingarm at one point and put that pic in accidentally? Idk

There's something different about the airbox from pic 1 and pic 7

Not the same bike . The pic is an IT465. I talked to the guy who is selling them . He has 3 different IT'S  that is for sale. Now I might be more interested in the 465 that he has. The 465 would match up nice with my 82 250

Edited by GreenMT_Rider

3 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Not the same bike . The pic is an IT465. I talked to the guy who is selling them . He has 3 different IT'S  that is for sale. Now I might be more interested in the 465 that he has. The 465 would match up nice with my 82 250

The(I.T) 465 is a better off-road motor and I think more reliable and user friendly in general.

Yeah I agree. The 490 was a problem child in the early years from what I've heard. 465 on the other hand was a really good bike according to lots of people. I'd take the 465 over the 490.

I've been doing a little more reading and the consensus is the 465 is a better motor. If i get some time next week and the bike is still available i will look at it.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2017 at 5:16 PM, GreenMT_Rider said:

Tell me about the IT250, there is a decent one near me I can get cheap. I have never owned a Yammie of any kind. Ride woods only, will just use it for occasional vintage stuff.

Edited by YHGEORGE