XR250R cylinder head capability

I'm new to dirt bikes and just bought a 97 xr250r that needs a complete upper rebuild. The valves took out the piston and the head. I can't find a used head that's any good. Is there anything I need to know about this engine. I see this forum is labeled 250/400. What's the comparison?

I was looking for a cylinder head off and on for a 1996 xr250r. They are hard to find. I did find them new for around $300. But from the sounds of it you'll probably be needing new valves and 4 of those are going to be over $100 on top of it. I had the exhaust valve guides get loose in the head and then oil leaked passed them causing a lots of smoke out the exhaust. 

I'm really surprised there's no aftermarket part for these engines. I'm replacing every bearing in the engine and so far I've only been able to find oem. The local dealer even proceed me almost $500 just for the head. I found one online for $286. It's gonna be a brand new bike by the time I'm done with it

I've actually looked into these guys since they are in my home state. $100 more to repair my head vs. a new oneScreenshot_2017-04-26-16-42-13.png