Is this a good price on a used low-mileage 2006 DRZ400S?

Hi -

I found a 2006 DRZ400S with 2400 Miles.  In decent shape, well-maintained. New battery, with case guards, skid plate, and desert tank.

Seller is asking $3200.  Is that a reasonable price?

Note: This is in California where street-legal off-road bikes usually command a premium price...

Thanks!

• Like 1

For the low miles, I would say yes! Since it sat so long, make sure it runs fine, and the tires aren't cracked.

That is average price per NADA. If it's truly in good shape than it's probably not a bad deal.

The DR-Z is a dual sport, which means it's street legal from the factory. There is no reason to put a premium on it. That typically​ applies to converted MX or true off-road bikes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

That is average price per NADA. If it's truly in good shape than it's probably not a bad deal.

The DR-Z is a dual sport, which means it's street legal from the factory. There is no reason to put a premium on it. That typically applies to converted MX or true off-road bikes.

Yes, real dirt bikes with plates are very expensive here, but the DRZ has great resale here as well. In other states this might be overpriced, but it's sounds like a good deal.

• Like 1

I'd pay 3 grand all day, if it's in good shape, with that low of miles! I bought my 2003 drz400s for $2000, with 16k on it, and I've been wrenching on it for awhile.  Still worth every penny!

post the link, I am curious what kind of add they person posted. That is a very good deal in my opinion and experience buying drz in San Diego last year. I got a 03 with 1700 mi for 3600 at a dealer. It was a garage queen though. Ran great as the shop had cleaned out carb and put new tires on it. At that age you will need to do fork oil, grease shock linkage, maybe clean carb etc. These are things you could bring up as the deal comes to a close if you want. Anyway post the add or PM me I would be happ to check it out for you.

• Like 1