07 WR450F snorkel lid - to remove or not to remove?

Any and all modifications to the intake and exhaust must be done at the same time, and matched by a change in jetting.

Removing the restrictor will make the bike run LEANER, which is NOT what you want.

Easily a BILLION posts on the subject of 'uncorking'........

I know there is a billion posts on this subject, but every post Ive come across so far talks about the pros and cons of removing it, but I don't remember ever actually reading how to remove the snorkel. Ive looked at it several times trying to figure out how to remove it thinking it should be super simple, but so far havent figured it out. I suck at finding these old posts and aside from using the search bar idk what to do to find them. Any help is appreciated.

14 minutes ago, zackmeuth said:

I know there is a billion posts on this subject, but every post Ive come across so far talks about the pros and cons of removing it, but I don't remember ever actually reading how to remove the snorkel. Ive looked at it several times trying to figure out how to remove it thinking it should be super simple, but so far havent figured it out. I suck at finding these old posts and aside from using the search bar idk what to do to find them. Any help is appreciated.

The screws are out. Just yank it out. 

Yamaha sells a GYTR derestriction kit for your bike for about $60.   

3 hours ago, stevethe said:

Thanks, looks like he pulls the snorkel lid.  Odd that he uses a #50 pilot jet.  I think Krannie swears all 07-11's should use a #45.  I use a #48 :blush:

I found this WR250F thread where they pull the snorkel lid too:

lidremoved.jpg.0d2fa22dbfd78edb64f4deb071ae7d05.jpg

23 minutes ago, jamesm113 said:

Thanks, looks like he pulls the snorkel lid.  Odd that he uses a #50 pilot jet.  I think Krannie swears all 07-11's should use a #45.  I use a #48 :blush:

I found this WR250F thread where they pull the snorkel lid too:

lidremoved.jpg.0d2fa22dbfd78edb64f4deb071ae7d05.jpg

I run fatter pilots also on the street.  Less popping and they run well. 

• Like 1