Help setting rear sag (skinny guy problems)

My sag numbers have been pretty far off from where they should be so I'm looking for some sound advise. First some background info: I'm just over 6' tall, only 160lbs, 180 pounds with riding gear.

So I measured my sag without gear and got 90mm race sag, 39mm static sag.

With my DS gear on I measured 94mm-100mm race (depending on body position) and 36mm static.

So I rotated my shock two full rotations which brought my race sag into spec at 100-106mm but now the static or free sag is even higher at 42mm.

I'm sure I'm just too light for the stock fe501s rear shock but I'm trying to gain weight. 

So rather than swap springs, where will I find the best performance until I manage to gain 10+ pounds?

were you having issues where the sag originally was?     yeah the spring looks a little heavy, but youll definitely see a change better or worse with what you did.

• Like 1

The only problem with the stock suspension is a lack of traction.. But I feel that's pretty normal for a light guy on a 500. Just got a slacker digital sag scale and want to dial things in. I've never messed with tuning before, I just like to read up on bike stuff and ride a lot but I'm hoping to put my learning to good use..

Will increasing the high or low speed compression or rebound in the rear help even out the gap?

It's been raining, and today's my wife an my 6th wedding anniversary so it's hard to say right now if I've made my bike handle better or worse

Sag has nothing to do with valving. It has to do with bikes weight and youre weight. Still. Not moving. Moving youre adding pounds to those weights.
Have someone hold the bike.
Static sag is lift rear fender just til tire wants to lift up. Measurement A. Let go of fender. Where bikes settles the measuring point (seat bolt/rear fender bolt) thats measurement B.
Race sag is the same A measurement. Where B is measured with you sitting on the big.
All youre doing is preload. Whether or not you hit dunes or woods you weigh the same and your bike weighs the same. Valving has an affect but is for speeds (hi and lo) not sitting still only measuring your bikes weight and your weight