Elkins FLat "Home Cookin" ride report 4/22/17

SO SWEET to come Home!.  Elkins Flat was rocking from start to finish.  Just us 3 Local boys,  Me, Oldedude and Mr. Ride longtime Himself;  Eldorado650 on his 650!

The day started at the Somerset café, and they still got the sweet hunnies serving hot coffee and breakfast treats for the ride up the hill.    

IMG_7333.JPG

IMG_7337.JPG

Edited by bigbob

we meet up, Big EL D rode over from some where.    Get the Bikes ready and get out into that sweeet Dirt!   and into the woods!

IMG_5443.JPG

IMG_5444.JPG

IMG_5445.JPG

IMG_5446.JPG

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 2

Now things get cookin! home style German Chocolate Cake dirt with pine needles and leaves for toppings....  SO FUN!!!   Thanks guys

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5453.JPG

IMG_5461.JPG

IMG_5460.JPG

IMG_5454.JPG

• Like 2

nothin better then Home cookin!

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5476.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5466.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

IMG_5463.JPG

IMG_5462.JPG

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

IMG_7343.JPG

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 4

Good times today, thanks guys.

BigBob did forget to mention one thing though, we saw a HUGE mountain lion just east of North South Road.  Big Cat crossed the trail about 25 yards in front of us.  I'd seen one up at Elkins several years ago, but not nearly as big as this guy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OldeDude said:

BigBob did forget to mention one thing though, we saw a HUGE mountain lion just east of North South Road.  Big Cat crossed the trail about 25 yards in front of us.  I'd seen one up at Elkins several years ago, but not nearly as big as this guy.

Oh yeah Holy shit a Cougar! crossed our trail,    they ain't got those in Barstow,  

mountain-lion.gif

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, bigbob said:

Oh yeah Holy shit a Cougar! crossed our trail,    they ain't got those in Barstow,  

mountain-lion.gif

They sure do...  they don't call Cougar Buttes cause of the mice.  LOL

• Like 1

ok, yes,  they do have mountain lions in purgatory, they are the ones riding dirt bikes up those rocky hills.    :thumbsup:

Now back to home style EF yesterday.  Thanks again Eldorado650 and oldeldude.  I really enjoyed all of yesterday. Just enough trail, rock, jeep roads and BSing. every bit of it perfect conditions.   A flow surfing kind of day.  :ride:   feeling satisfied today :cool:

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5471.JPG

IMG_5473.JPG

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 2

Nice scenic ride I would really like to ride up there looks Awsome!  I've wanted to plan a trip to do Pismo Dunes and Zaca Station, I'll have to add a ride like this to the list.  You do ride any MX Bob ever ridden Zaca Station?  Where are you from? 

• Like 1

there is a mellow mx track in dixon CA. we used to ride. mellow in that yes it had big MX jumps but it was low key attendance. and you can bail out when a fast racer or two are on your tail , there I learned you need a jap mx bike. these euro enduro bikes suck on tracks compared to a CRF

I am from Redondo beach. Went to college in San Luis Obispo. now live near Sacramento

nope. dont know zaca station

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 5:46 PM, bigbob said:

mountain-lion.gif

Different type of cougars there. The dried up wrinkled type!

• Like 2

Time for me to jump back in the riding game! I had a hip replaced a year ago and my orthopedic surgeon gave me the "go ahead" recently. No stadium jumps though was the one condition!

Edited by GrizzlyFlatter
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2017 at 4:32 PM, OldeDude said:

Had one following me several years back when I was hiking and clearing a few miles of route 31 with a 28" chainsaw. It was evening as well so things got a little spooky but I kind of like that! Fairly used to them close to home and chased one down a local trail on a mountain bike about 1 1/2 years ago! Good fun!

Had one following me several years back when I was hiking and clearing a few miles of route 31 with a 28" chainsaw. It was evening as well so things got a little spooky but I kind of like that! Fairly used to them close to home and chased one down a local trail on a mountain bike about 1 1/2 years ago! Good fun!

holy shit

Beautiful trails, you boys are lucky.

Yes EF when wet is very nice, and with spring is in the air its beautiful in the woods

trails are the same in Summer but the pillowy dust clouds tend to hide the beauty .... have to spread riders out for many minutes

heading up this Saturday and going to stay the night at 4 corners. Looking forward to some good conditions.

Gregg

Edited by mxgregg
  • Like 1

I have been a little preoccupied and did not post any photos.  These are for Bog Bob.

It was a good ride.  Later that day - i said goodbye o Bob and old Dude, and clicked out another 56 miles for fun.  Great conditions, but hit snow fast.  Wanted to get to the look out, but there is no way. 

20170422_085931.jpg

20170422_085933.jpg

20170422_115441.jpg

20170422_085921.jpg

20170422_115601.jpg

20170422_115657.jpg

20170422_134809.jpg

• Like 1