Flash point of oils

Pondering over something... Input needed to help iron out my thoughts. Running the same mix, my bike runs 20 degrees hotter with an Amisol oil than with the Motrex. Unless it could be a different octane gas??? But for sure 20 to 25 degrees. At the point that the fan comes on much more.  So I started researching oil flash points. The lower flash point oils, do they run cooler or hotter? I have not found the flash point of the Motrex? Another thought builds from this one.... but one thing at a time

Edited by 1gr8bldr

My understanding is low flashpoint oils tend to burn off during combustion rather than going out the exhaust as vapor (smoke). If they burn in the combustion chamber they will add heat, but 20-25 degrees is a lot.

My 2T Trials bike recommends a low flash point synthetic oil and it doesn't smoke.

Edited by Chuck.

It's definitely not octane related, octane rating has zero to do with engine temps.

It's an interesting question. Certainly different oil formulations will affect the combustion process in different ways, and could presumably affect flame temperatures. I suppose it's possible that oils with higher flash points leach more heat from the combustion simply because it takes more heat to vaporize them than lower flashpoint oils. It could even be viscosity related, oils with more resistance to flowing through the jets may lean the jetting slighty compared to lower viscosity oils.

I don't have a definite answer though.

Just now, Chuck. said:

My understanding is low flashpoint oils tend to burn off during combustion rather than going out the exhaust as vapor (smoke). If they burn in the combustion chamber they will add heat, but 20-25 degrees is a lot.

That isn't necessarily so. It may take more energy to burn the oil than it produces, in which case it actually takes heat away from the combustion to consume the oil.