Auto decomp noise

So I recently had to replace my timing chain(most likely due to over tightening the mcct). It had broken links in the middle causing a ticking noise and cut into the valve cover. I tightened my mcct with the new timing chain trying to get rid of the ticking, and it just won't stop. I tightened the mcct until the bike started bogging down. Still couldn't get rid of the ticking. My question is how do you find out if the auto decomp is making the noise? Is there a way to tell if it's bad from visual inspection?IMG_3513.JPG

Depends on what is wrong wit the auto decompression.  Common failure is visual.  Just flip the centrifugal weight with your finger and see if the small pin that engages the weight orientates the larger pin to either miss or contact the tappet.  The larger pin has a flat to miss the tappet when properly oriented.  Simpler to see than explain.  Common failure is the small pin is missing so the weight does nothing and the larger pin rotates at random.

• Like 1

I thought my auto decomp was rattling it was worn and after I cut it off you could see the pin was getting ready to depart, that removal plus a new cam chain and manual cam chain adjuster did reduce some of the noise but the knock I had continued. I have an E and fitted manual decomp but its sluggish to turn over even with fully charged battery.