CRF250R 2014 header

Hello mates,

First of all, I'd like to stick with the stock exhaust system.  I own a 2014 CRF 250, I'm making full rebuild, bought wossner HC piston (13,5:1 stock and 14,5:1 Wossner). But in addition I am thinking about buying stock header from 2016-2017 - it has something like megabomb. Just wondering if it is worth it? Will I gain some bottom to mid hit? Will I lose some top power? Or is this just wasting money, better not to move anything and just better put off some money on aftermarket exhaust? But with after market exhaust I would have to remap to make it more useful.

I am curious about your opinions.

Greetings from Poland,
Zabro ;)

Edited by Zabro

yes, cam and porting. I have '15 with full akra and power gain from it was negligible compare to gain from cam. I have HotCams stage2 works with stock springs

Edited by shkapars

I found a deal on a yosh full system from my 15 and it helped the power up top. Is it worth the retail price? I don't think so. The biggest geometry difference between the yosh and the full system is at the Y off. I am not sure a 16-17 header will fit the 14 mid pipe but i doubt there is much power to be made here. 

Yea, thank you guys for answering. I am not going to buy this 16 - 17 header. Will put my money into something else :)