76 husky wr250 starting issue

bike is in excellent shape,looks very low hhour,no beat up pegs or frame etc.,p.o. went thru it cosmetically and rewired it. I found and Fixed bad wire in harness,disconnected kill wire,put new key in mag,lapped crank taper into mag,as key was sheared,[checked a couple times since,still tight],cleaned carb couple times,was immaculate already,has good spark,good compression.new plug,pipe and packing ok,air cleaner and pipe off bike right now. I spray starting fluid in carb,idles for a second first kick. Do it again,turn throttle,immediately and it dies,then wont start again. Have not taken reed cage apart,could that be issue? Never played with reed bike,previous 2 strokes were pre-reed bikes,cz,greeves,ajs,sachs,bultaco etc. Hope someone has a clue for me,or hari kari instructions,LOL THANKS

pulled reed cage off,reeds seem ok. think its got fuel in lower end,will have to drain somehow. kicked it once with no reed intake or pipe and started and idled for 5 seconds,then almost caught fire,intake and exhaust side were burning fuel!!! Covered it up quick with rags and snuffed it out,scared the crap out of me,LOL Put a small id piece of gas line into crankcase and blew in,you can hear fluid gurgling when you move end to lowest part of crank cavity. Gotta tip it over and turn with rear wheel i guess,unless a better way? Dont want to tip it over in garage,new bars,grips,cables etc.

Crankcase seal on clutch side prob shot leaking gear oil into the crankcaae. Do a pressure check of the eng, specially if you think that 40year old seal has never been replaced

The cases have to be split to get at that deal. You need a few special tools to do it right.. All the parts are avaible as well as people around the country if you don't want to do it your self. On mine I did everything while it was open...new bearings and seals, piston and rings. Starts first kick.

All set now,bad wire under tank,crimp was bad by previous owner. ! kick starting,forgot how good old 2 strokes sound!