No oil in frame reservoir (had more than enough in bike)

I recently did rings, and timing chain and checked valve clearances. Bike was extremely hard to start. Did the rebuild added the 1.1L of oil started it checked the stick and nothing. Added more oil nothing. Pulled the bleeder bolt out that bolts into the head and oil pissed out of there while running. So I added more oil I was up to 1.5L and still nothing on the stick when I would start it and check. So I just emptied the oil back out and I got almost all of the 1.5L that I put in from the drain plug by the shifter. When I pulled the plug out of the frame reservoir I got only a few drops. 

Any one have an idea ? 

As you are looking at the two lines from the front it is on the left.  One of them has flats where you can loosen with a wrench.  This picture may help you ID.  The flats I am are referring to have the #2 point to it.  The longer part of that part goes up into the tank.

strainer.PNG

31 minutes ago, freebird65 said:

As you are looking at the two lines from the front it is on the left.  One of them has flats where you can loosen with a wrench.  This picture may help you ID.  The flats I am are referring to have the #2 point to it.  The longer part of that part goes up into the tank.

strainer.PNG

Ya going to check it now thanks for the pic 

I'm thinking I would come up with a plan check the lines and frame reservoir and clean out.  My bet is that the strainer was never maintained and the frame tank has not be utilized.  Maybe pull the lines from the tank down at the motor and try to plug and then pour in something to clean out (kerosene?).  Let it soak and then drain and flush again with oil.  Maybe someone else will have a better idea.  Just thinking there is probably nothing good in that oil tank that needs to get to the motor.

4 hours ago, freebird65 said:

I'm thinking I would come up with a plan check the lines and frame reservoir and clean out.  My bet is that the strainer was never maintained and the frame tank has not be utilized.  Maybe pull the lines from the tank down at the motor and try to plug and then pour in something to clean out (kerosene?).  Let it soak and then drain and flush again with oil.  Maybe someone else will have a better idea.  Just thinking there is probably nothing good in that oil tank that needs to get to the motor.

I did the fresh oil change ran the bike for maybe 15-20 minutes, and the fresh oil was black