What's your worst ride ever?!

Any ride is a good ride don't get me wrong. Weather your a track, enduro/trail, or even road warrior, what has been your absolute worst ride ever?!

Here's a bad ride that happened the other day for me;

I'm a on/off track guy, usually getting out for a little ride around town on my CR250. Went to see if my buddies wanted to ride, on the way there, a little mini jump that gets me 3 foot of air came up. Popped into second and gave some gas- but let off the gas early. Almost ate S*@& coming down on one wheel. To add insult to injury a group of hotties passed right on by during my near spill.

28 minutes ago, Mr.mudman112 said:

Any ride is a good ride don't get me wrong. Weather your a track, enduro/trail, or even road warrior, what has been your absolute worst ride ever?!

I'm a on/off track guy, usually getting out for a little ride around town on my CR250. Went to see if my buddies wanted to ride, on the way there, a little mini jump that gets me 3 foot of air came up. Popped into second and gave some gas- but let off the gas early. Almost ate S*@& coming down on one wheel. To add insult to injury a group of hotties passed right on by during my near spill.

Went swimming once, while still attached to motorcycle. Had to get towed 7 mikes back to truck behind my homie's ATV after waiting all day for him to return from his ride.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr.mudman112 said:

As you stated, any ride is a good ride. Those most "challenging" provide the better sense of accomplishment when survived.

The worse involve broken bones and the inability to get home alone. But those provide the best war stories.

Example: Riding cinder whoops, hitting a soft patch, losing the front, breaking the collarbone, hiking out calling the wife to pick me up, calling a buddy to pick the bike up, getting a plate.

Later breaking the frigging plate while partially pulling out some of the screws.

I have the coolest X-ray 'cause all that shit is still in there. :lol:

• Like 2

Jericho, Utah

Open area

Trees

Utvs

Logs in grass

Combined they result in dislocated shoulder and nearly a broken neck.

• Like 1

Yesterday is fresh in my mind. I took the kids to our go-to spot an hour away. 20 min in my throttle cable broke. After walking and putting the bike back to the truck at an idle I drove the hour back I picked up a new cable and installed it. Drove back and unloaded, found my front was flat. Fixed that and got about 20 min from the truck and my clutch broke. By then it was about 5pm so I rode 2 hrs with the kids with no clutch. One of my daughters rammed my bike, knocking it over, and finishing off my crappy PMB kick stand. Not the worst day ever, but I felt like Someone didn't want me to ride. Kids had fun.

I once crashed on the practice lap of an enduro right in front of the pit area (to make it more embarrassing). Busted a bone on my scapula and separated my shoulder. That was worse.

• Like 1

Not my worst ride ever but my most recent. My family owns 8 acres of land, I have a loop there I do before hitting my trails. There's a straightaway in the field that leads to a left turn right up by the road. 

I went through the field going 40-45mph. Went into the turn maintaining my speed.

Rear wheel slid out from under me like hell, the bike was pretty much sideways. Ended up smashing my neck on the handlebars and doing a few flips before the bike landed on me. 

Few cars passing by on the road definitely saw haha, kindve embarrassing. Surprisingly didn't get as hurt as I shouldve

IMG_0008.JPG

• Like 2

the ride when I broke two vertebrae and herniated 8 disks was my worst ride, it was life changing. any ride is a good ride? I think not.

• Like 3

Broken shoulder that required plate and screws. Plus a long recovery. At least I'm still walking around. Some weren't so lucky. Any ride is a good ride is definitely not true. I would have much rather stayed home that day. 20170329_103113.jpg

• Like 2

Yesterday is fresh in my mind. I took the kids to our go-to spot an hour away. 20 min in my throttle cable broke. After walking and putting the bike back to the truck at an idle I drove the hour back I picked up a new cable and installed it. Drove back and unloaded, found my front was flat. Fixed that and got about 20 min from the truck and my clutch broke. By then it was about 5pm so I rode 2 hrs with the kids with no clutch. One of my daughters rammed my bike, knocking it over, and finishing off my crappy PMB kick stand. Not the worst day ever, but I felt like Someone didn't want me to ride. Kids had fun.
I once crashed on the practice lap of an enduro right in front of the pit area (to make it more embarrassing). Busted a bone on my scapula and separated my shoulder. That was worse.

Sounds like you have a ktm! (Joking)

Broken shoulder that required plate and screws. Plus a long recovery. At least I'm still walking around. Some weren't so lucky. Any ride is a good ride is definitely not true. I would have much rather stayed home that day. 20170329_103113.jpg.c54b02ab28b042cddaa4d701142b577f.jpg

I meant you'd be fortunate for any opportunity you have to get out on the bikes.
  • Like 1

Sounds like you guys have had some serious scars. I suppose I've gotten away lucky. Worst I've had was broken wrists and fingers.

Sand tracks (if anyone knows it, Gopher Dunes, in southern Ontario, I live 20 min from there.) broke both wrists at the same time and my old Yz250f's plastics were mangled. That was a sour day.

• Like 1

Not me, but the other day my youngest son definitely had an oh sh!t moment on a ride.  Clearing a huge tabletop, he tapped the rear brake to correct his in air attitude, and it shut the bike down.  He said flying through the air with the bike off was quite an interesting moment, and the landing wasn't much better! :crazy:

• Like 1

Not me, but the other day my youngest son definitely had an oh sh!t moment on a ride.  Clearing a huge tabletop, he tapped the rear brake to correct his in air attitude, and it shut the bike down.  He said flying through the air with the bike off was quite an interesting moment, and the landing wasn't much better! :crazy:

Props to your son! I can usually do 3/4 of a 60 ft long table. I'm at a track maybe 3 times a summer though.

My worst was probably when a group of us were riding some public trails up in western pa and I got a flat rear, chain tensioner broke, a quad with us had its chain break and put a hole in the case, and a rzr belt go bad

When I was sixteen me and my buddies got a bunch of booze and went camping out in the desert with our dirt bikes. The day after, with bile and puke still in my throat and my head hammering a death knell we went for a day - long technical hard ride. 

Without question, my worst ride ever.

• Like 2

My first hare scramble ever. Had to have a local guy rebuild my rear shock with a blown seal the day before the race. He didn't bleed it right and it blew the bladder and high speed compression valve out 20 mins in. Rode 2 hours of mountain side single track with some crazy suspension. Hand guards took a royal beat down but still finished top ten. Couldn't lift my arms for a few days after. Never again will a non professional touch my suspension

• Like 2

Hadn't ridden the bike for months. Went straight to the hilly stuff.

It was a hot day (like 100 degrees or more hot) and very humid. I couldnt ride this one hill. Kept trying and eventually was exhausted.

I thought I was going to cook there out of breath and lying on the rock (hot). Couldnt cool down standing, couldnt cool down sitting, and the ground was like an oven tray. 

My worst ride. I have had  (luckily relatively minor) injuries and still view these as better days than that one I just told you about. I felt like selling my bike and quitting. Injured days I was having fun, and couldnt wait to get on the bike again... especially after a few months.

Worst ride.  I don't remember a good portion of it or how long I was unconscious for.  Something happened while riding alone on some wooded single track somewhere.  Next thing I knew I was laying there in a broken Moto-4 helmet, with neck and back issues, a broken finger and a traumatic brain injury.  I couldn't remember my way back to the cabin and could hardly ride.  The bike had a broken clutch lever, bent bars, a trashed barkbuster and some seriously twisted forks.  After trying to find my way back for about an hour I met up with some other riders who knew me and where I had to go.  I ran out of gas about 3 miles away from the cabin, one of them let me ride the rest of the way back on his bike and they took my gas can back and rescued my bike too.  To this day I have no idea who they were, I just know they knew me.  I don't even remember if I thanked them...

I would have gladly skipped riding that day without a doubt.  I didn't ride again for 10 months and I still pay the price for that ride... 

Every ride isn't a good ride, some are far from it.

• Like 1