License plate holder for 2017 500EXC

I took my 2017 KTM 500EXC off-road for the first time today and after a quick loop I realized I ripped off my license plate.

IMG_3363.JPG

I can not find a Baja style replacement for the 2017 and was wondering if you guys have found anything out there.

Thank you,

Jason

I'm in the same boat, need to replace that rear license bracket/turn signal with something that will survive.  Just got back from its first off road trip and couldn't help but laugh as that bike started shedding reflectors in the first 5 minutes.  First one went flying over my head, second one my brother caught and no idea what happened to the third.

I did take a few hard spills and was impressed I didn't completely destroy the turn signals.

I have been holding out for a bolt on replacement preferably with low profile turn signals (sicass is apparently still working on theirs), but if there isn't anything out in another month or 2 I will have to start fabricating something.  

I got mine from Chaparral.  They have a kid working there (Noah) who is an avid dual sport rider and has a 16 EXC 500.  He put this kit together and it is only $66.  This is the kit I got...It has the under fender, light with wiring loom, light bracket and plate holder.

They don't have this kit as a cataloged item so you'd have to call and talk to Noah and he can do the sale over the phone.

Fender1_zpso8wfwr1p.jpg

Fender2_zpsqllnw9fk.jpg

This is how it looks on the bike.

Plate1_zps59oxcrc8.jpg

Edited by yzernie

Meh. Go to Rocky Mountain atv online and order one through their oem parts. I don't know how set you are on keeping the blinker lights and what not, but to me that license plate thing is plain ugly. I deleted the American inner rear fender and added a foreign one on my six days. 

BC161D26-8550-44F6-9CB7-5E5542C7B1F3.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:58 AM, yzernie said:

I got mine from Chaparral.  They have a kid working there (Noah) who is an avid dual sport rider and has a 16 EXC 500.  He put this kit together and it is only $66.  This is the kit I got...It has the under fender, light with wiring loom, light bracket and plate holder.

They don't have this kit as a cataloged item so you'd have to call and talk to Noah and he can do the sale over the phone.

Fender1_zpso8wfwr1p.jpg

Fender2_zpsqllnw9fk.jpg

This is how it looks on the bike.

Plate1_zps59oxcrc8.jpg

nice kit . my sicass plate holder is other side up so and dremmel some material so it tucks in tight to the tail light . I did a custom fit using all the supplied hardware.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Tim Peters said:

Meh. Go to Rocky Mountain atv online and order one through their oem parts. I don't know how set you are on keeping the blinker lights and what not, but to me that license plate thing is plain ugly. I deleted the American inner rear fender and added a foreign one on my six days. 

BC161D26-8550-44F6-9CB7-5E5542C7B1F3.jpg

Meh, why have the under fender at all if you have that ugly thing hanging out under the tail light with no plate on it?

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, Airboss/oc said:

nice kit . my sicass plate holder is other side up so and dremmel some material so it tucks in tight to the tail light . I did a custom fit using all the supplied hardware.

Yeah, I thought about doing it the way you describe but I thought since the thicker part of the fender was there I would just drill it at those spots.  After 400 miles, so far so good but I may change it at some point in the future.

I did the same and got the euro enduro light and underfender. The rear light is smaller, no light for the plate and no turn signals but looks cleaner. Will add signals to the rear fender if I ride on the road.

Buy the under fender (called number plate carrier) for the 500 XCW and the rear tailight. Its a direct fit. This is sometimes referred to as the Euro setup. Then order a set of sicass LED signals. Everything is plug and play. No cutting or splicing of wires required. Have used this on all my EXC's over the years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2016

• Like 1

Buy the under fender (called number plate carrier) for the 500 XCW and the rear tailight. Its a direct fit. This is sometimes referred to as the Euro setup. Then order a set of sicass LED signals. Everything is plug and play. No cutting or splicing of wires required. Have used this on all my EXC's over the years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2016

Or the 300XC-W.

On 5/4/2017 at 3:26 PM, jdepp said:

I'm with this guy ! I did this on my 16 then with an aluminum backing plate mounted my plate to the under fender vertically not horizontal. The dam thing has 3 perfect spots for bolts molded into it. Best part is once you have the setup the plastic is only ~$30 so when you loop your bike and brake it any dealer can get you a new one for cheep!!

I'd check first to see if the prior year's stuff is a fit to the new model 500. To eliminate any of that issue is why I suggested the 300 XC-W from the same year. I've done that on both my 350EXC and 501 FEs, just got the 2T counter part's rear end setup.

broke my stock license plate holder off this weekend and finally got around to mounting the new under fender.  Looks pretty dang sharp and has the integrated turn signals to satisfy the Law. 

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

IMG_4414.JPG

6 minutes ago, xrbrp said:

broke my stock license plate holder off this weekend and finally got around to mounting the new under fender.  Looks pretty dang sharp and has the integrated turn signals to satisfy the Law. 

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

IMG_4414.JPG

Who makes that?  Where can I buy and for how much?  What year is your bike?

On 5/14/2017 at 8:45 AM, KennyMc said:

I'd check first to see if the prior year's stuff is a fit to the new model 500. To eliminate any of that issue is why I suggested the 300 XC-W from the same year. I've done that on both my 350EXC and 501 FEs, just got the 2T counter part's rear end setup.

Kenny,

I've been looking at the fische on the 2012-2016 exc, and the xcw tail lamp has a direct cable connector molded to it,  yet the exc doesnt, it has a harnness that plugs into the actual lamp.

Can you elaborate on this, if I buy the xcw lamp and Black fender that goes with it,  Im wondering if my front brake light will activate the xcw lamp, and for that matter the rear brake also?

I know europe has the small xcw lamp, but I though it was differnt to be street legal, but after checking the euro parts , its the exact same, xcw lamp as the U.S.

So wondering on the connections, and whether both front and rear exc brakes, will activate the xcw lamp correctly.

3 hours ago, Spud786 said:

Kenny,

I've been looking at the fische on the 2012-2016 exc, and the xcw tail lamp has a direct cable connector molded to it,  yet the exc doesnt, it has a harnness that plugs into the actual lamp.

Can you elaborate on this, if I buy the xcw lamp and Black fender that goes with it,  Im wondering if my front brake light will activate the xcw lamp, and for that matter the rear brake also?

I know europe has the small xcw lamp, but I though it was differnt to be street legal, but after checking the euro parts , its the exact same, xcw lamp as the U.S.

So wondering on the connections, and whether both front and rear exc brakes, will activate the xcw lamp correctly.

Spud, that was a concussion ago, my memory ain’t what it used to be 🤪🤪

I sold that bike but to be honest, I would not have cared if the front brake activated the brake light.  But I know the back break activated the brake light.

Sicass Racing’s product says it would.

A5DE43B0-43DC-4012-9F4F-DDF5F0320EF9.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spud786 said:

Kenny,

Hi Spud,

Hope this info will be helpful. I purchased the XC-W rear light and number plate carrier for my 2016 500 EXC (in the fall 2015 timeframe). The light mounted perfectly to the XCF-W fender and the harness for the XC-W light plugged directly into the stock connecter with no mods required. The running light and front/Rear brake light functioned normally. The XC-W carrier also fit perfectly. Here's the OEM part nos that were ordered:

Number Plate Carrier Top (XC-W) - 78108016000

XC-W Rear Light - 78114040000