Help! 04 crf150f

I need some help guys! I'm rebuilding a 04 crf150f from a box, transmission and everything! Can anybody post or email me a pdf on the bottom end? (Mainly transmission)  I found a thread earlier that somebody uploaded to photobucket but it just goes to the home page and I couldn't ever find anything when I searched....through thousands of images! Any help is greatly appreciated! 

1 minute ago, baglock1 said:

If you're building it out of a box of parts, you're going to really want to get a service manual.

Yeah I'm really trying to avoid that! I'm rebuilding it for extra money. I've rebuilt several gear boxes in years past but this one has me lost! (I've got 2 thrust washers that don't have homes!)

Yeah I'm really trying to avoid that! I'm rebuilding it for extra money. I've rebuilt several gear boxes in years past but this one has me lost! (I've got 2 thrust washers that don't have homes!)

See post #2 and you will be way ahead of the curve on cost if you value your time.
  • Like 2

I literally just pulled apart my 03-05 (can't remember which, definitely the older kick start model) all the way to do head work and check the internals.  Post up pics of them or PM me and I can probably tell you where they go.  There are a LOT of extra washers to reduce wear against the aluminum cases on nearly every shaft in the transmission, kick start, shift drum, etc.  A shop manual is a great idea.

Edited by ygolohcysp
Removing an unwanted quote box.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ygolohcysp said:

I literally just pulled apart my 03-05 (can't remember which, definitely the older kick start model) all the way to do head work and check the internals.  Post up pics of them or PM me and I can probably tell you where they go.  There are a LOT of extra washers to reduce wear against the aluminum cases on nearly every shaft in the transmission, kick start, shift drum, etc.  A shop manual is a great idea.

This is what I have so far. The 2 beside the flat scale are the ones that I can't figure out. Left one is roughly 1mm thick and the other is roughly 3mm thick. The gears on the shafts are clipped in place and the owner says he didn't remove them....so I'm assuming they're correct? Thanks for your help.

20170425_140141-1.jpg

47 minutes ago, ygolohcysp said:

Cool.  I just woke up at 3pm because I work night shift.  When I get home later tonight, I'll check it out and be able to help.  I'm betting the thick washer goes just under the nut on the clutch.

Ok sounds good, nope the washer for the clutch is there. (They do look identical)

Check for a loose countershaft bearing in the clutch side center case.
If it's loose in the case, the fuse is lit.
The looser the bearing gets in the case, the more it takes out 3rd gear on the main shaft and counter shaft both.

Those kick start gears break, check them closely! (The stress on these gears is what makes the bearing loose in the case)

IMG_1638.JPG

E-Bay is your friend for an OEM Factory Honda Shop manual

3 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Check for a loose countershaft bearing in the clutch side center case.
If it's loose in the case, the fuse is lit.
The looser the bearing gets in the case, the more it takes out 3rd gear on the main shaft and counter shaft both.

Those kick start gears break, check them closely! (The stress on these gears is what makes the bearing loose in the case)

IMG_1638.JPG

E-Bay is your friend for an OEM Factory Honda Shop manual

Ha! That's the same 2 gears Im replacing! annndddd the owner kept riding it and completely ate the gear on the left up...clogging the oil pump and frying the top end. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely replace those bearings. 

Ha! That's the same 2 gears Im replacing! annndddd the owner kept riding it and completely ate the gear on the left up...clogging the oil pump and frying the top end. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely replace those bearings. 

My post does not say that the bearing goes bad, it says the case wears out around the bearing and the bearing, even a brand new bearing, does not fit tight in the case any more.

Okay, here's what I've got.  I didn't have quite the space to spread out, so I did each shaft in one picture.  I do have just the one washer for the shift drum like you show.  On the kick start shaft, I have the small washer on the end you show, I also have a larger washer on the other end.  The only thick washers I have are the one under the nut on the clutch, and the one under the nut inside the spinning filter that goes on the crankshaft.

crf150ftransmission1.JPG

crf150ftransmission2.JPG

10 hours ago, ygolohcysp said:

Okay, here's what I've got.  I didn't have quite the space to spread out, so I did each shaft in one picture.  I do have just the one washer for the shift drum like you show.  On the kick start shaft, I have the small washer on the end you show, I also have a larger washer on the other end.  The only thick washers I have are the one under the nut on the clutch, and the one under the nut inside the spinning filter that goes on the crankshaft.

crf150ftransmission1.JPG

crf150ftransmission2.JPG

First of all thank you for your help sir! Thank you for taking the time to lay everything out and take a picture, I've got everything straightened out and I'm putting everything back together with 100% confidence that it's right! 

I had the large kick start washer under the nut on the crank filter and had the thrust washers miss matched on the kick start idler gear.

20170426_125247.jpg

20170426_125025.jpg

One other question! Can you tell me if anything screws into the hole where to knife blade is pointing? I looked at a manual for the older model XR 80/100's the shift arm indexer mounted there. I'm assuming it stays empty?

20170426_140010.jpg

26 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

Again, see post #2

You obviously didn't read the entire thread. I do not own this bike, I'm rebuilding it for extra money. Yes if I owned it I would have a service manual for it just like the other 3 bikes I own. I'm try to avoid spending a quarter of my profits... and no the owner didn't want to buy one so I said ok I'll figure something out.

To bad, Like it or not , The manual is a required part.
(At least till you done many of the same engines over and over again and every procedure is etched in your brain)
Your using a torque wrench correct? What you using for torque specs? Your source for said specs?

Your charging for parts, correct?

The customer will be paying you for the supplied parts?

The time saved purchasing a used manual off of E- Bay will save you time, which = $ and the customer then saves $ on labor in the long run.

But your referencing an 80-100 manual.... good luck with that [emoji1303][emoji848]

Heck if customer won't pay you for the manual then keep it, most shops have "overhead"
You could save a lot of headaches with the manual.
"Proper tool for a proper job"
Just resell it on E Bay when your done, for a profit!