Sign in to follow this  

Carb pull or no to install jd kit?

The needle change is what I'm worried about getting to.

Yup. Once you tilt the top of the carb toward you snap the throttle and it will bounce the needle up and you can grab it. It will take a few tries at first but you'll get it.

• Like 1

Hi, I had several issues installing the JD jet kit with the carb on, so I went ahead and remove it. Sure it's a PITA to remove the carb, but gets the job better done. For your needle question I would suggest you follow this video, it saved me alot of pain!

Best of luck

Ok noted. Man I've gotten a little confused with my jetting. I live in the southern states at about 250 feet above sea level. I do not have air box mod but have a fmf powercore. What jets and needle you guys thing. Been reading through forums and still not sure. Ha.

Ok noted. Man I've gotten a little confused with my jetting. I live in the southern states at about 250 feet above sea level. I do not have air box mod but have a fmf powercore. What jets and needle you guys thing. Been reading through forums and still not sure. Ha.

I would really suggest you open the air box. The whole point of jetting it and buying the JD kit aswell with the aftermarket exhaust is for you to open the air box and get those gains so one thing can work with the other. As far as the jetting goes for your particular bike, it would be based on what mods you have done to your bike ex: motor mods, exhaust, etc. I live in Texas and the best thing I did was purchased the JD jetting kit, they offer assistance and set you up with your jetting specs particular for your mods and location. Just call or email them

Yeah talked to a buddy and he said for me to do the air box mod too so gonna get than done tonight.

• Like 1

Ball head allen wrench's will make the needle swap easier. Your bike should have come with a needle puller which is basically a piece of surgical tubing on the end of a stiff wire.   Suggest the box mod JD and Precision Concepts does, not the full CC mod outlined in Honda's bulletin.  There is trick's to working on crf carb, until you've done it's a few times it's a royal PITA.

Got the air box mod finished last night. Gonna tackle the jetting tonight. The bike is factory from 2004 except the fmf pipe. I can't hardly get the thing to start half the time so I'm hoping these jets help!