'17 FE501 Kickstand Replacement & First Impressions...

Hi,

I just got my first two days of riding in the N CA woods and trails on my '17 501FE.  Eventually, I tipped the bike too far to the kickstand side and it folded under (as the dealer told me it would). Anyway, I am looking for any suggestions on an aftermarket stand.  A buddy as the pro moto but they do not list one (yet).  Thoughts and help appreciated.

Some other first impressions:

out of the crate, the bike is amazing (stock everything except 13/48 gearing and signals and rear fender thinned down ;) ).  Bucket loads of endless power down low and up high.  I could not want for more. I have zero problems starting or ideal cold or hot (as other express with older models).  I see elsewhere on the forum people talk about getting the ECU mapped.  My real complaint is that right off of zero throttle the bike "jumps" a bit - I'd like to see that buffered or dulled just a bit for better control - any thoughts on if the mapping addresses that? Suspension is overall good but a front is a bot harsh on the babyheads (I weigh about 185 and had a 25lb backpack).  Gearing seems way too low for me so I am going back to at least 14 in the front (I never used first on 100+ miles of tight trails, creeks, etc.  Since the bike will pull any gear anytime, 2nd handles everything and 6th is a bot low on the wide-open stuff).  If first is a tad higher with the 14 I could see using first if necessary feathering the clutch a few times a day. 

Thanks for your constructive responses. 

Do you still have the auto retract set up on your kick stand?

9 minutes ago, scott taggart said:

I am not sure what auto-retract is?  The stand broke right at the hinge.  I just got off the phone with pro-moto and they do have a stand (not cheap).  https://fastwayperformance.com/ktm-kick-stand.html?___SID=U.

oh damn.    No I am no help, look up the warp 9 its cheaper. 

http://www.warp9racing.com/product/kickstands/

• Like 1

there shoudl be a shoulder bolt that came in a baggie that will let the kick stand extend fully so that wont happen. ill try and fin a photo

kick stand.jpg

kick 2.jpg

Edited by brute448
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sigma Pi said:

oh damn.    No I am no help, look up the warp 9 its cheaper. 

http://www.warp9racing.com/product/kickstands/

Thanks.  I already ordered the pro moto one.  The warp9 looks like it could suffer from the same weakness problem right where the thin spot is around where the bolt goes through.  If I break the pro moto one I will try the warp9...

IMG_20170424_115647.jpg