Clutch slipping after oil change?

Got a crack in my clutch cover on my wr450 and just replaced it today. Went ahead and did an oil and oil filter change also. Idled the bike for a bit to make sure there was no leaks. 

Went to take it around the block after that, noticed the clutch was slipping. Bike wouldn't move with the clutch pulled in and pulled forward when I tried to start it in gear. 

I went for a ride awhile after that and it seemed to get better the more I rode. 

Is this normal? I used belray 10w40 synthetic motor oil. Never had an issue with this before. Have noticed recently the bike is harder to push on gear with the clutch pulledin though

Edited by AARON915

That isn't clutch slipping, that is clutch dragging.....and it is normal for cold motor, and even normal for a hot motor if the plates have a lot of hours on them.....or your basket is worn...

Edited by Krannie McKranface

5 minutes ago, Krannie McKranface said:

That isn't clutch slipping, that is clutch dragging.....and it is normal for cold motor, and even normal for a hot motor if the plates have a lot of hours on them.....or your basket is worn...

Yep you're right, should've known the name since my 250 also has the same problem haha. It's never dragged like it did today though, so I was hoping it wasn't something I did 

if everything is in good shape it could just be the free play adjustment at the lever, periodically finding the sweet spot there helps