Sign in to follow this  

Accessories for Honda CRF 250 Rally

I thought I'd start a new thread to help keep track of accessories and mods for the new 2017 Honda CRF250 Rally.

To start things off, the rear rack bolts from the standard CRF250L are the same on the Rally. I expect a radiator guard won't be a major problem (maybe a little grinding) but I think a skid plate (bash plate) will require an all new design (required to fit into side fairings).

The guys at crfsonly.com (https://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/355_358_362) have now added the Rally as a specific model you can select to search for parts. They seem to be working hard to figure out what parts will fit from the standard CRF250L.

So as you find good parts and figure out mods - post away!

• Like 5

Greetings everyone.  Just ordered my Rally and should have it in a few weeks.  I know the aftermarket will eventually be putting stuff out for Rally but still not much there.  Talking to the guys at RaceTech they have not seen one yet but are confident the can adjust the upgrade to work the longer travel Rally suspension.  The rear shock might be a bit different as well as Honda states something like "a different rear suspension link".  Ohlins supposedly has a shock that will fit the rally

http://www.bikerbitz.com/o-hlins-honda-crf250l-shock-absorbers-ho429.html

My plan is do the front suspension (send forks into RaceTech) even if my forks are the first ones they have seen of the new Rally and then confirm that either the Ohlins or the RaceTech rear will fit.

Corbin Seat is already available for Rally.

Waiting on FMF to see how they will work out header and exhaust with all the engine coverings on Rally but would really like to get the Mega Bomb and Q4 exhaust.  Also waiting on EJK programmer to be ironed out.

Those are the majors I am planning on.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Cheers

They advertise the EJK will work on the 2017 model.  I have it on mine.  But no pipe or anything, so its just sitting in there, waiting for someone to come out with an exhaust.  I messed with it a bit, but without an aftermarket pipe to throw on, not sure I ever noticed a difference.

BTW, Talked to FMF a few weeks ago and they said they should have something at the end of May.  Haven't bothered calling back because I don't have any extra cash right now.

Thanks for the info Chucked.  I'm sure things will happen quickly with the aftermarket now that the bikes are being delivered.  I heard from Brett at SR Moto and they are getting their Rally next week and he said it would not be long until their website has the Rally on there as a project bike and they start to see what fits from current CRF250L parts.  Also heard from Mike at Race Tech that the rear shock should not be an issue once they get one in the shop to spec out.  Looking forward to some updates.  Suspension, Exhaust, Programmer and it will be a great little bike that should be lots of fun round town and light offroad.

I did some more riding with and without the EJK.  With the EJK it loses power in high gear with the stock settings recommended for the 2016 and previous bikes, I had a hard time breaking 65 mph.  Ill put it back to stock until someone figures something out.

On 6/2/2017 at 2:26 PM, chucked said:

I did some more riding with and without the EJK.  With the EJK it loses power in high gear with the stock settings recommended for the 2016 and previous bikes, I had a hard time breaking 65 mph.  Ill put it back to stock until someone figures something out.

Stock settings on the EJK are pre-set for stage 1  ....  full exhaust system and modded air box so ... I would guess you were running really rich .... I believe on their website they show the settings for stock exhaust or you can search and find them around here as well.  

If you search for positron007 EJK settings that should lead you to some good reading ... 👍

That's what I meant.  "Stock"  bike settings off their website

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chucked said:

That's what I meant.  "Stock"  bike settings off their website

Maybe try adding a little fuel since the 2017 has a larger throttle body .... :excuseme:  

its easy enough to  make your own   spring set up   and it works very well 

this one is off my old 660z tenere   which is  around 46lb  spring  ..  top cap is a bearing cap  ..joiner is a wheel spacer   turned in a lathe   ..and the  tibe is 1.6ml  /36.ml   alloy off ebay  aroubd five pounds   ..i had the spring  ..so it was very cheap to do  

http://34730642102_64c1f9cbad_h.jpgDSC_0435 by minkyhead56, on Flickr

i had a yss shock built  to size   ..had to send the honda one for them to copy    ..it rides extremly well  and  is    actually more plush andd better damped than the racetech  i have on me 300   ?? quite impressed with  the yss   for near  half the money  of a racetech  .its hard to knock 

http://34051123374_6f59ac7594_h.jpgDSC_0436 by minkyhead56, on Flickr

i cut and shut  the gpr exhaust off the 300  and it fits  well onto the rally  and just got another  for the 300    ..

http://35094122436_2b89865f98_h.jpgDSC_0448 by minkyhead56, on Flickr

binned all the plastics   at the rear  and lowers  .. replaced with crf m black opanels  

http://34903229601_3e760bce03_h.jpgaaaaaaaaaaaaa_edited-1 by minkyhead56, on Flickr

rides well     first real test this weekend    loaded with 20kgms   to test the pannierrails and rear shock  ..  very impressed with the suspension     for sure  ..front and rear sorted out for 320quid     ..the dampingon the front  is very good as standard  just needs more suport     espevially fully laden 

really like the rally   it is a big improvment on the older L model  

Edited by milkyhead
  • Like 2

I was told by my local dealer that the shock is "the same" between the Rally and L, but when I sat on the Rally, it felt noticeably softer than my 2017 L.  If the extra travel on the Rally is achieved with a different linkage on the same shock, then that would explain why it felt softer.

Sidenote: I really rate the Mitas E09 on the rear as a dual-sport tyre.

My Rally arrived at my dealer today and Racetech is sending a shipping box shortly.  Will send in front forks as well as rear shock and linkages so that might be the first one they (Racetech) see and modify their normal CRF250L offerings to fit the Rally edition.  Will let everyone know how that all works out in the end.  Dealing with Christie there at Racetech, anyone know if we are still getting the discount for Thumpertalk.com?  Thanks

Anyone see any exhaust headers that have been put on a Rally yet?  I have seen the Yoshimura slip on the Rally, just waiting for the whole system to be put together and become available.

It sounds better than stock for sure but I agree their others that sound better.  I am hoping FMF comes out with some news soon.  I have some time to wait so I am holding out for a full FMF system.

I just installed a SpeedoHealer V4 (https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh/). I ordered the speedo healer (SH-V4) and the correct connection kit for "all years" of the CRF250L (SH-H08). It was pretty easy to install once I found the speed sensor wire (it's a blue connection that is attached to the top of the gear box behind the big bundle of connections on the left side. It was also easy to program and now my speedometer, and more importantly my odometer, match up to my GPS. One or two good You Tube videos if you need some help.

I found a spot under the seat just beside the snorkel. I had to trim the snorkel slightly to make room for the main connection but figure guys remove that all the time so should not be an issue. 

Off-road training starts tomorrow - wish me luck!

SH_main-400x467.png

• Like 2

Looks good...  Absolutely a mod I will be doing when I finally get to take delivery.  Just paid for Race Tech front shock full rebuild/upgrade and rear shock upgrade.  I think it is safe to say that I was the first to get this for the Rally as they could not promise they could do it as they had not seen a Rally unit yet.  All paid for and shipping today back to dealer.  All in with round trip shipping dealer to Race Tech and back with insurance for the complete upgrade was around $1k.   Thumpertalk 20% still applies.  I'll tell you if is worth if after I let a non upgrades Rally owner take it for romp.