YZ 250x v.1

Heres some love for the YZ 250x.   Been working and tweaking on this 16' to find the right setup.  Its really close and I just wanted to share.

Sorry for the shady, shiddy pics

Cheers

YZ Parts for sale 001.JPG

YZ Parts for sale 002.JPG

YZ Parts for sale 005.JPG

YZ Parts for sale 004.JPG

YZ Parts for sale 008.JPG

• Like 11

7 hours ago, markmc2 said:

Nice, which rekluse?

This one is a Core exp, 3.0.    works pretty good if you ride the clutch like its not even there.

Looks cool, what jetting are you running? what pipe and silencer? Did you do any head mods (like RB head squish mod?).  Just setting one up myself, and appreciate the input!

Right on Rob, congrats.   I could go on and on and on about what I've tried liked didn't like but I will try and keep it short... I've tried the Suzuki needles & Jd's but ended up liking the lectron and smart carbs better.   currently on a smartcarb, stock pipe with some nice dents :) gytr SA silencer- the stock one is really good imo and will put it back on after repacking.  RB head mod currently works like a champ.  I have another experimental head coming.  'The grandma head'.    The clay here and mossy riverbed rocks are so slick when wet I tend to detune my bikes more than most.   my philosophy is if I need power I just crank the throttle more.  pretty simple.  more control the better, less wheelspin makes the trails last longer also.

I do have a 2nd one with 5 hrs that I have been working on, v.2.   I had eric gorr go thru the motor(porting,pv and head mod) The first ride this past weekend was killer!  some richer jetting  and we should be running pretty sweet.  really happy with results. 

Edited by shaheeb

I like the way you think.  I had a beautiful 2003 Honda Cr250r motor that I had set up so silky smooth, anyone could ride it.  Want to go fast, just twist that throttle a little harder.  The power was very easy to use, very little wheel spin.  One of my best race bikes ever ( my races are minimum 3 hours in 1st and 2nd gear tight single track), wheel spin and sudden HP is completely useless. You have to put the power to the ground, any more than that is a waste and of zero value to anyone.  Some bikes make you feel like a hero for 20 minutes, then you get slower and slower.  A proper race bike here is smooth tractable and easy to ride hard for 3 to 4 hours.

My goal is to make my YZ250x as useable and close to that old CR as I can.  When you are climbing a steep moss covered slimy slick rock ledge, sudden power is not going to help anyone!  I want tractable power and lots of reserve on top.

Please let us know how that "grandma head" works out.  (btw... I am usually on here as "stroker" for many years, not sure what happened with the new sign in, looks like I only have 3 posts now instead of the thousands I really have?

I think I remember seeing stroker a little while back.   I think they are the polisport guards, from motosport.   The tank is just a stocker,  I had the IMS, but I am thinking about selling it.  packing gas from here on out  :0                      where is the slime covered moss hill climbs you refer to? 

Hawaiian jungles have plenty of that greezy clay that's really hard to ride.    tame her down  :)

Southern BC and the coastal mountains (part of the rocky mountains) is a rain forest, lots of moss, steep trails, lots of mud, water crossings etc.  1st and 2nd gear all day long in some riding areas.  Probably a bit like hawaii conditions , just way colder!  Please keep us informed on that "grandma head" you have come up with.  Just did a tough ride at McNutt that would have been better on a trials bike.  Sudden power causes more issues than it solves around here, smooth is the key!