Engine locked

Need some advice please my 2013 Kxf 450 locked the engine up into the second corner of a race. But it's unlocked itself and starts and rides fine since finding the front sprocket loose and re torquing the nut. So what happened I was sat on the start line started the bike warmed it up, 15 second board goes up I clicked it into second and it made a horrible crunch like the clutch wasn't fully pulled in. Gate drops got round the first corner straight into second corner and as I shut off the throttle and brake the bike shuts off and skids to a halt. I took the bike out of gear to kick it over and the kick start was jammed solid so I pushed the bike back to the van. I tried the kickstart again still locked one of my friends spun the back wheel while I Pushed the kickstart and then it went down, I jumped on kicked it over and it started perfect sounded fine till putting into gear. a horrible crunch from front sprocket area again so I called it a day. Got home noticed the nut was loose on sprocket so I re torqued it to spec knocked washer over started it up and it now goes into gear with no noises and rides perfectly. Any advice on if the front sprocket could cause it to lock up would be appreciated just don't want to tear the engine down to find nothing wrong was hoping to finish the season before a rebuild. Sorry for the massive post and thanks in advance for any help

• Like 1

inside gears of the front sprocket are probable wore out. Buy a  new one and throw it on. If the sprocket was out so far your chain may have kinked on you. Id try replacing front sprocket