is 510 SMR ready for dirt?

I'm planning to get a 510 SMR and want to take it on the trails once in a while. If I just buy a set of dirt wheels for it (from a TE?), will it be dirt worthy? Or am I missing anything else? Does anybody take their 510 on trails?

I have a 07 Te510 and I remember this topic often came up back in the day ('07-09ish).  If I remember correctly, which I probably am not, I think it is a simple switch but requires movement of the caliper/speedo/maybe swingarm?/etc.  Also, I remember that you will need to get the "dirt" wheels specific to the year of your SMR. I think the consenus was it was easier to switch a TE to a SM than set up a SM for dirt. 

(Sorry for the non-helpful reply. There maybe more info on Caf*Hus*y forum)  

No, this is actually helpful. There is one '12 TE510 avail as well. I can look into it. 

I heard that gearing on TE is different and it will be worse at highway speeds. Im assuming its same engine, just as quick?

the TE's had the counterbalance taken out of the engine in 07' i believe it was. Don't know why, dumb move but that's why it's less sought after. It's the same engine, minus the counterbalancer that is there to smooth vibrations .

SMR's however received a shortened swingarm for 2007 which makes conversion to 18 or 19" dirt rims next to impossible unless you get a swingarm or an -06' frame.

anyways none of this matters if you're considering a 2012. those are te511's and they are actually 477.5 cc. i know nothing more about this model year but I'm sure someone else will chime in.