kickstart hitting peg

Could this damage kick  start shaft or right side cover ? on every hit there is some pressure on shaft and cover . Also , on instal , i used loctite on screws  ( driven gear retainer and stoper ) , forgot to wait 24 H to let loctite cure  before starting engine , does this wait apply only to moving parts like counter shaft and primary gear ? 

The kick starter runs into the foot peg on most dirt bikes, if not all of them. It's not going to hurt anything, assuming you're​ not kicking it frantically or giving it a Brock Lesnar curb stomping.

The DRZ is pretty easy to kick over if the decomp is working right.
The best way to kick start a 4 stroke is to slow push the lever down until you find tdc on the compression stroke. Then bring the lever back to the top and give it a smooth kick all the way through.

3 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

The kick starter runs into the foot peg on most dirt bikes, if not all of them. It's not going to hurt anything, assuming you're not kicking it frantically or giving it a Brock Lesnar curb stomping.

The best way to kick start a 4 stroke is to slow push the lever down until you find tdc on the compression stroke. Then bring the lever back to the top and give it a smooth kick all the way through.

Maybe my decompression is not working well , i have to push it slowly to around 10 oclock and then kick it hard with out bringing lever back to top , it feels like it's always on tdc compression , but i'll get use to it , Thanks . 

On 24/04/2017 at 5:03 PM, ohiodrz400sm said:

The kick starter runs into the foot peg on most dirt bikes, if not all of them. It's not going to hurt anything, assuming you're not kicking it frantically or giving it a Brock Lesnar curb stomping.

Ok , got it , much easier to start cold , thanks for tip . 

• Like 1