Will NBC Lock us out of Outdoor MX TV ???

So most of us already pay for Subscription TV .. But how many outdoor races will be televised ?  and now it seems NBC will make you pay even more if you want to see them all i'm guessing. 

http://mxsportsproracing.com/2017/04/24/direct-to-consumer-live-streaming-product-nbc-sports-gold-introduces-pro-motocross-pass-with-access-to-entire-lucas-oil-pro-motocross-championship-season

• Like 1

50 bucks seems fair if you ask me. It gets tiresome waiting for a pirated video to show up on Youtube the following day which is what I have been forced to do with SX this year. 

• Like 5

Screw it, I'm going to get in my car and travel to every national this year.  Hey, it might be the last year for the nationals as we know it so.....

• Like 7

I would pay that $50 and drop my directTV if they offered packages like that for MX and SX. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mudd94 said:

I'm IN!!

We've been working on getting rid of Directv.  This is was one of main concerns, as is SX.  

Last year I downgraded my comcast service to just internet and basic cable, best decision I ever made. I was paying over 200 dollars a month and almost never watched live TV and now I am paying about 65 a month and just watch everything on streaming or torrent if I am really desperate. MX and SX is always a sticking point though so this is perfect. 

• Like 2

This is interesting. I just renegotiated my direct tv package last week. I'm past the two year contract and penalty for canceling the service. So I lay it out for them in a nice way that they can understand. I watch SX/MX and a few HBO programs that is it. The word cancel usually gets their attention. I went from $122 a month down to $65. I pay $40 a month for sh.. internet service. Once a better internet provider comes along I'll probably drop frontier and direct tv, then buy this deal.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 4:27 PM, Benhameen said:

This is interesting. I just renegotiated my direct tv package last week. I'm past the two year contract and penalty for canceling the service. So I lay it out for them in a nice way that they can understand. I watch SX/MX and a few HBO programs that is it. The word cancel usually gets their attention. I went from $122 a month down to $65. I pay $40 a month for sh.. internet service. Once a better internet provider comes along I'll probably drop frontier and direct tv, then buy this deal.

Not sure if you have Comcast in your area and I don't usually recommend them cuz their customer service is shit but My 65 a month gets me 150 mb/s internet basic cable local channels and HBO. 

• Like 1

I think $50 is worth it

No commercials, qualifying and 1st & 2nd motos 

And it's all in HD unlike some of the 1st motos the last few years 

• Like 3

HUGE mistake in my opinion...

Ok, I get it if you think that its worth 50 bucks, but I assure you those who will pay is a far smaller number than those who will not...This is going to mean limited exposure to the sport and thus, over time, less interest...

you can't grow a sport if you keep it in locked box....!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 3:05 PM, Mudd94 said:

I'm IN!!

We've been working on getting rid of Directv.  This is was one of main concerns, as is SX.  

got rid of it and thinking of getting it back :crazy:

On 4/24/2017 at 3:29 PM, StretchASU said:

I would pay that $50 and drop my directTV if they offered packages like that for MX and SX. 

must not have girlfriend... I have one sometimes and other times no.. so my bill fluctuates quite a bit..:cheers:

8 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

must not have girlfriend... I have one sometimes and other times no.. so my bill fluctuates quite a bit..:cheers:

My side girl thinks she's my GF :(

Weeg stated on a recent podcast that this is already an option if you buy you cable. You just need the password they give you and you can stream them now. I was unaware of this but he sounded annoyed that its even a topic of discussion.

I believe it was the salt lake review podcast.

I jumped on the Directv Now introductory offer at 35 a month, includes Fox1 and 2, NBC Sports, and a shit load other channels.

As soon as the Roku is compatible with it (It was suppose to be 1st quarter of this year) I'm gonna drop Directv, I'll go from 180 to 40.00 (I added HBO for an additional 5 bucks)

• Like 2