FCR Carb dying off choke

I have cleaned everything I think but when I put the carb back in the bike, it dies right off choke. If I try and keep it running, it will backfire a bit. Got a new pilot jet 48 from a 45, the needle clip is on the 6th notch on the bottom (it was that way when I get the bike). The fuel mixture screw is 2 1/2 turns out (I didn't count the turns when taking it out the first time, I didn't know). The bike does have a pipe on it, as to why I got a 48 pilot jet. I cleaned all jets and tried to clean and blow out all ports but I am thinking that "U" shaped bypass is clogged but I don't know how to clean it. When I blow air from the pilot air jet side down through the pilot jet, there is lots of air coming through there and I can also stick a wire and it comes out. 

Could this be a needle position issue or fuel mixture not turned out enough? Or do I have a blockage somewhere that I can't get to? The CE (coast enrichener) is still connected and will stay that way since it ran great before I had to clean the carb out from sitting for a year.  I do not live in high elevation.

Any ideas? 

IMG_20170422_154515918.jpg

I would try soaking it overnight in Yamalube carb dip. Remove the pilot jet and fuel screw and blow the passage out with compressed air. While it's apart make sure the all the rubber parts are in good shape and the float level is correct. Double check the vacuum release seal is tight and in good condition and the plate is orientated correctly.

What needle is in it? If it's the stock DPX put it on the 5 clip when you put it back together.

All passages seem to be cleared out with air and jet cleaner tool and or wire. The Vacuum release seal looks ok but it looks wavy, I just put it back together and I didn't take a picture of it. But I think it looks ok. 

The needle is a DPX, so I will put it back in the 5th position.