2017 KTM 300 xcw mpg

Wow, I can only get 35 miles to a tank on my new 2017 KTM 300xcw. I live in arizona. On my old 2012 ktm300xc I would get 80+ miles per tank....how many miles are you guys getting?

Wow, I can only get 35 miles to a tank on my new 2017 KTM 300xcw. I live in arizona. On my old 2012 ktm300xc I would get 80+ miles per tank....how many miles are you guys getting?

I get 23MPG on my '17 300 XC-W
Mikuni carb
JDJetting
Blue Needle, 3.5 clip
420 main
37.5 pilot
A/S 1 1/2 turns out
RK Tek head
Float bowl adj to 9mm
  • Like 1

First two things to try, get float height checked and set correctly - then loop the one carb hose per JD's instructions.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mikek671 said:

First two things to try, get float height checked and set correctly - then loop the one carb hose per JD's instructions.

Do this first.

When i first did a milage check on my 250xc i only got 20mpg and that was with the JD jetting in. The float level was a little high so i reset it and looped the over flow line.

Next ride bike got 26mpg.

• Like 1

I got 13 mpg on my 2017 ktm 300xc with the factory suggested jetting. It ran so poorly. I got 23 mpg on a technical 1st and 2nd gear trail after intalling a lectron.

as already said the carb must be dumping lots of fuel. lots of float heights are wrong. mine needing adjusting and i did the loop on the overflow pipe too.

the loop really helped on the motox track. me and a friend road exactly the same amount of time (he had a older 250 with the keihin carb) and if anything after the mod i had more fuel left over. its much better now and gave 2 inches more lean angle before leaking out the overflow

23 minutes ago, 95jersey said:

Can anyone post a pic or directions on which hose to loop and exactly how to position?

There is a lot of good stuff on the JDJetting site.  It's the float bowl drain hose:thumbsup:

Drain Tube looping.jpg

Edited by KennyMc
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 4:01 PM, KennyMc said:

I get 23MPG on my '17 300 XC-W
Mikuni carb
JDJetting
Blue Needle, 3.5 clip
420 main
37.5 pilot
A/S 1 1/2 turns out
RK Tek head
Float bowl adj to 9mm

Does your JD kit say to use that huge pilot? I thought they want a 30.5 or 32.5?

Joe

Does your JD kit say to use that huge pilot? I thought they want a 30.5 or 32.5?

Joe

No, I pretty much follow what the bike tells me. Before the RK head I was running the 32.5, but after I was getting a hanging idle. The 37.5 with the A/S at 1 1/2 eliminated that and the bike runs great. I have gone to the 3rd clip on the needle.