Los Angeles area riders

5 hours ago, digitalzombie said:

Hello, I am looking for people to go on off road rides with. So far been to Azusa Cyn OHV and Gorman. Would prefer a little less sand a bit more green and not too far, like a day trip. What are our options?

I want rainbows to fly out of my ass when I fart...  but that ain't gonna happen either.  ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, digitalzombie said:

Hello, I am looking for people to go on off road rides with. So far been to Azusa Cyn OHV and Gorman. Would prefer a little less sand a bit more green and not too far, like a day trip. What are our options?

What kind of machine, and do you like to suffer?

North end of santa clarita is rowher flats and drinkwater. Ohv riding areas with an ok mix of terrain and very little sand. Closer than gorman and not nearly as crowded...

"What level rider are you?"  Everyone asks inorder to match skill levels for safety and enjoyment...

Edited by absurd

13 hours ago, absurd said:

North end of santa clarita is rowher flats and drinkwater. Ohv riding areas with an ok mix of terrain and very little sand. Closer than gorman and not nearly as crowded...

"What level rider are you?"  Everyone asks inorder to match skill levels for safety and enjoyment...

13 hours ago, Jimmy boy said:

What kind of machine, and do you like to suffer?

16 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

How good/bad/experienced are you and what do you ride

I am going to answer all three of you with one post, looks like I should have included this information initially. I have been riding street motorcycles and doing track days for 10+ years. I am extremely new to dirt biking though. So far I have taken a 5 hour dirt bike class in Temecula and been to 3 rides once in Azusa OHV and twice at Gorman. I can hold my self in medium trails as long as I am not going too fast, I can ride standing up but do get tired a lot faster than proper off road riders. I do know certain basics like how to climb a loose hill, how to safely come back down the hill to try it again if stalled or fell on the hill side, how to ride side hills, how not to bury the front wheel in sand, how to counter balance the bike while leaning. Now although I have tried these maneuvers 5-10 times, my knowledge is still mostly theory. I do need a lot more practice for them to be second nature. I guess I am not clueless but also not great. 

The bike is a 2008 CRF250x that I maintain myself , oil change, chain cleaning and slack adjustment, clutch and brake adjustments etc... I don't know anything about suspension and really could use some bar risers since i have to really bend over to ride the bike standing. 

I don't enjoy suffering but I am willing to put up with things if it is going to lead a to a good ride. North santa clarita sounds great, I am going to try to find some information regarding rowher flats and drinkwater. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, digitalzombie said:

I am going to answer all three of you with one post, looks like I should have included this information initially. I have been riding street motorcycles and doing track days for 10+ years. I am extremely new to dirt biking though. So far I have taken a 5 hour dirt bike class in Temecula and been to 3 rides once in Azusa OHV and twice at Gorman. I can hold my self in medium trails as long as I am not going too fast, I can ride standing up but do get tired a lot faster than proper off road riders. I do know certain basics like how to climb a loose hill, how to safely come back down the hill to try it again if stalled or fell on the hill side, how to ride side hills, how not to bury the front wheel in sand, how to counter balance the bike while leaning. Now although I have tried these maneuvers 5-10 times, my knowledge is still mostly theory. I do need a lot more practice for them to be second nature. I guess I am not clueless but also not great. 

The bike is a 2008 CRF250x that I maintain myself , oil change, chain cleaning and slack adjustment, clutch and brake adjustments etc... I don't know anything about suspension and really could use some bar risers since i have to really bend over to ride the bike standing. 

I don't enjoy suffering but I am willing to put up with things if it is going to lead a to a good ride. North santa clarita sounds great, I am going to try to find some information regarding rowher flats and drinkwater. 

I'll ride with you here in Santa Clarita at Rowher and/or Drinkwater. I know the area well and I don't mind riding fire roads or showing new people around. We could meet at staging area one in Rowher so I get a feel for your riding level without heading into the hills. We can start out tame and progress as you get more comfortable.     

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aaron8 said:

I'll ride with you here in Santa Clarita at Rowher and/or Drinkwater. I know the area well and I don't mind riding fire roads or showing new people around. We could meet at staging area one in Rowher so I get a feel for your riding level without heading into the hills. We can start out tame and progress as you get more comfortable.     

You should team up with Aaron/Roger. You guys will have a blast. Roger knows where NOT to go, too....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, digitalzombie said:

Tough crowd in here but don't let that discourage you.  None of us started out riding a dirtbike knowing what we know now.  I'm 61, been riding dirtbikes for 50 years and I still learn from other people I ride with.  ?

Edited by yzernie
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Aaron8 said:

Dude thanks, yeah that would be great, I can do Fri, Sat or Sun, i'll pm my info. Is Aaron8=Aaron/Roger w.r.t references above?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, YZ Yankee said:

I say you hit up Donkeyland and tell me how it went .....

Awe right.... dont do it ... other riders have left TT after one ride with The Boyz.

Some have even taken up making pancakes in the flattest place in the U.S. Even the very mention of hill makes em shiver. 

IMG_3735.PNG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aaron8 said:

3 hours ago, digitalzombie said:

Dude thanks, yeah that would be great, I can do Fri, Sat or Sun, i'll pm my info. Is Aaron8=Aaron/Roger w.r.t references above?

I live up in Hesperia and Santa Clarita is a little over an hour for me.  I'll ride with you guys too if'n you don't mind an old guy riding with ya!!

15 hours ago, digitalzombie said:

OK Digital and yzernie- lets do Sunday at Rowher. Let's meet at staging area 1 (the first one) at 8 am.

If anyone else wants to join in just show up.

• Like 1