What bike for someone 5'6

I am 5'6", 135 lbs. and I want to get into dirt biking. I have been researching possible choices, and I've thought about a 230 or a 150, but I want a bike that I can grow into and not outgrow. I was thinking of a cr 125 or a crf 250r. I will mostly be riding trails, just as a casual bike to race friends with. I have ridden dirt bikes but never anything as big as a 125 or 250.

So I went to a dealership and sat on a couple of crf 250r's and I can tip toe both sides and easily flat foot one side. Now I need to know if it would be too powerful, becuase i used to be worried about my height, but now i'm worried about power. And by casual, I mean just racing around southern utah on the large flat trails with friends who have 250 ts's and 250 fs's. I don't think I could catch up with a 230

A dirt bike isn't a long term investment like a home... buy a cheap used air-cooled 4 stroke type of bike to learn to ride and wrench on. When you progress to the point that you feel the bike holding you back, sell it and buy something else.

Don't let what your friends ride determine what you​ ride. Ride what's appropriate for you.

• Like 1

What about a cr125 and I'm actually 5'7

That's​ a competition bike for "experienced riders"

Maybe you can ride it fine, maybe you'll break your ankle by the end of the 1st day. I have literally seen both scenarios happen.

Without​ actually knowing you and seeing your naturally ability, everyone here can only speculate. The safe bet is a XR/CRFxxxF, TT-R ,DR type bike.

I think you guys are right Ill start on a 230 and gain experience, then get a 250 or similar

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Edited by PPace07