2005 Honda Crf250x Jetting with Lexx exhaust

I recently bought a 2005 crf250x, and am looking to get a lexx exhaust. Does anyone have experience with jetting these? I will be riding from about sea level - 1,500 feet. Bike has top of airbag cut off, Boysen accelerator pump, and all stock motor. I was thinking starting with 155 main jet, 42 pilot, and 2 turns out on fuel screw. Also what is the procedure for getting the idle jet out, will i need new seals for the carb? And how should I proceed with needle? I was wanting to just buy individual jets to save on price or is it worth it to get a JD kit? Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

Get the kit, it will save you money in the end. Rotating the can you will be able to access everything needed. The is another thread just started asking about it and I explain getting to the needle in there.

21 minutes ago, jasongind said:

Get the kit, it will save you money in the end. Rotating the can you will be able to access everything needed. The is another thread just started asking about it and I explain getting to the needle in there.

Can you put the link to that in here? 

Her is my post...Once you tilt the top of the carb toward you snap the throttle and it will bounce the needle up and you can grab it. It will take a few tries at first but you'll get it.

The problem with trying to get the needle out by turning or snapping the throttle is that you are forcing or shooting raw fuel into the engine because of the accel pump. I always try to avoid that unless Im going to start the engine right away.

There is a small simple tool that will reach in and grab the needle, or you could probably make something just like it easily, here is a link from Rick Ramsey's website showing the honda tool. Scroll down about a third of way and look for the needle doohickey.

http://rickramsey.net/CRF250X.htm

The problem with trying to get the needle out by turning or snapping the throttle is that you are forcing or shooting raw fuel into the engine because of the accel pump. I always try to avoid that unless Im going to start the engine right away.
There is a small simple tool that will reach in and grab the needle, or you could probably make something just like it easily, here is a link from Rick Ramsey's website showing the honda tool. Scroll down about a third of way and look for the needle doohickey.
http://rickramsey.net/CRF250X.htm

I dont see it as a major issue since once everything is put back together you start it up to fine tune it anyhow.

Not a good thing to have raw fuel in the cylinder or anywhere for that matter unless your in the process of starting the engine but even then its probably best to twist the throttle when the engine is being kick started. Raw fuel that is setting inside the intake tract or in the cylinder can cause backfire and can wash the oil film off the cyl wall and also contaminate the oil, its just not a good thing.

It also causes the engine to have dirty emissions, but that isnt what concerns me the most about it.

Edited by TDW

3 hours ago, TDW said:

Not a good thing to have raw fuel in the cylinder or anywhere for that matter unless your in the process of starting the engine but even then its probably best to twist the throttle when the engine is being kick started. Raw fuel that is setting inside the intake tract or in the cylinder can cause backfire and can wash the oil film off the cyl wall and also contaminate the oil, its just not a good thing.

It also causes the engine to have dirty emissions, but that isnt what concerns me the most about it.

The top end of motor is off, so thats not really a worry for the needle replacement. I am more just wondering what size jets to put in

Rick Ramsey has a website with alot of good info for the 250X, check out this page in the link and look at the CCC mods, it has a needle recommendation and I would start in the center clip position, 152 main which is where I would start, and a 42 slow jet. From experience just leave the original leak jet in which is either a 50 or a 55 I cant remember. A 70 leak jet didnt work well for me.

http://rickramsey.net/CRF250X.htm#closedcoursemods

Edited by TDW

I ended up getting a JD kit when I did mine, using the guide supplied the setup was right the first time. Good luck with it.