good front tire for loose sandy soil

Time for a new front tire and Im looking at a bunch of different ones. I ride eastern NC and SC, so lots of sand , some mud and general soft terrain. I have a tubliss on the rear ( came on the bike) With a Kenda Equilibrium, and I like the traction I get with the low tire pressure, mud not so good. 2009 Husky wr 300 , So what should I look at, so many to choose from on the web, very few to look at in the 2 stores I have locally . Thanks for any and all replies guys. Btw I ride mostly single track, trails and some fire roads, lots of sand...

I'm on a Michelin Starcross MS3 that is really good in loose dirt/ sand, my buddy loves the Pirelli Scorpion XC mid-soft.  You'll probably get 10 more answers, each a different tire.  I'd say look at what's on sale and has good reviews.  Rocky mtn atvmc seems to  have the lowest prices online.  

If you're riding purely sand I've heard a true sand tire is amazing but I have to compromise because of trail conditions so I couldn't tell you first hand.  The one thing I don't like about soft condition tires is they seem to rip off knobs instead of wear them down,  which is not good for the wallet.  My 250 has hard terrain tires and I seriously have had the rear tire for almost 3 seasons, no joke.  It still has all the knobs, grip is def compromised but a lot less than a tire missing 15 knobs on the sides, lol.   

• Like 1