I have my 2006 cr125 engine stripped down and in trying to clean up the cases the best I can. I have my own personal soda blaster and it works great but on some of my piece theirs what I believe is aluminum oxidation and even the soda blaster can't get it off and not even scotch bright wd40 and some elbow grease won't remove it...any tips how to make this shinny new aluminum??? Image1493084401.710600.jpg

From there, it would have to be polished. That's pretty much the surface finish of cast aluminum. A buffer would likely clean it up. 

Aluminum Oxide is very hard, it is used as  a sandpaper abrasive.  Honda usually clear coats or paint aluminum to stop oxidation so you may also be dealing bad paint.  As Sdet said try polishing.  And then protect the aluminum with; repaint,  clear coat, or anodize.

[attachment=395032:IMG_0629.JP did some work and came out with this!! What kind of clear coat do you recommend

• Like 1

polishing frames and other parts used to be the rage.....but you wind up with black oxidation all over everything....I polished a 1999 CR250 frame so that it looked like chrome. Within 5 laps the number plates were hard to read and the pants covered with black crap on the inseams....never did that again.