Jump to content

Polisport REstyle Kit

Recommended Posts

Thats cool, Rtech was making it where you had to fit the air box sides yourself. 154.00 from an Ebay store, they had OEM, white, or black. They are sold out as of now. That was the kit I did on the last 125 I restored. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptDan said:

Sadly, yellow doesn't seem to be offered very often as an option for Yamaha bodywork anymore. :excuseme: :(

Restyle kit would look cool in yellow. I think there was a run of it in UFO ??? but then you need their graphics and that prices it out of range.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmokinJoe said:

Only yellow updated plastics are the gold kits from cycra. I think polisport has a neon yellow coming along with a new clear kit. 

Neon yellow is out already.

They're making a clear one?!:confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say that the Polisport plastic is better than others. I believe the blue is closer to OEM then then Racetech, Cycra, and UFO colors also. 

Quality is pretty darn good. I bought a white kit and the stock color, and will buy more. 

IMG_6060.JPG.8dae46f884dd67b052e727190cca98b6.JPG

this is the white kit. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would say that the Polisport plastic is better than others. I believe the blue is closer to OEM then then Racetech, Cycra, and UFO colors also. 
Quality is pretty darn good. I bought a white kit and the stock color, and will buy more. 
IMG_6060.JPG.8dae46f884dd67b052e727190cca98b6.JPG
this is the white kit. 


Damn that looks Purdyfull and really glad to hear about the quality... Rmatvmc says it’s in back order till nov 17 ... guess I gotta wait

Taking the frame and swing arm in to powder coat next week so I guess I’ll have time to take my time lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cspencemx said:

 


Damn that looks Purdyfull and really glad to hear about the quality... Rmatvmc says it’s in back order till nov 17 ... guess I gotta wait

Taking the frame and swing arm in to powder coat next week so I guess I’ll have time to take my time lol
 

 

eBay has the kits for 149.99

POLISPORT RESTYLE  PLASTIC KIT YAMAHA YZ250 YZ125 2002-2014  UPGRADE TO THE 2017 https://www.ebay.com/i/282452288250

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yz dude said:

2 stroke yz doc, your bike looks great!!

 

She sold for 3,200 back in Feb. with my conditional limited warranty. Put a giant smile on a 13yo boy, and another 2 stroke back in the field. Had a few pictures sent of first ride and a video later. That kid is having a blast! :thumbsup:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need any OEM hardware for the Polisport restyle for a 2005 YZ125? Like radiator shroud eyelets, front or side-number plate or rear fender stepped washers? I know that the OEM kit comes with all of that, but you can buy a LOT of hardware with the $100 saving over OEM.

Not to high-jack this thread, but who is a good supplier for OEM-replica hardware? Is there anything better than the YZ125-specific kit from Pro Bolt? Like a local retailer in SoCal that sells inexpensive M6*1.25 engine case bolts and plastic bolts with the fixed washer and an 8mm head? I'm doing a non-OEM restoration of this basket case YZ125. Still haven't decided how to fix the 'big' bolts, like the axles and swingarm pivots, that are expensive to replace. Also the footpeg brackets and hardware are worn and lost their OEM shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eBay has the kits for 149.99
POLISPORT RESTYLE  PLASTIC KIT YAMAHA YZ250 YZ125 2002-2014  UPGRADE TO THE 2017 https://www.ebay.com/i/282452288250



Have a feeling you’ll know the answer to this — what changed between 02 to 05 from a body/plastics perspective?

Everywhere I’m looking for graphics seems to make 05 the cut off even for the restyle kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swappa said:

Do you need any OEM hardware for the Polisport restyle for a 2005 YZ125? Like radiator shroud eyelets, front or side-number plate or rear fender stepped washers? I know that the OEM kit comes with all of that, but you can buy a LOT of hardware with the $100 saving over OEM.

Not to high-jack this thread, but who is a good supplier for OEM-replica hardware? Is there anything better than the YZ125-specific kit from Pro Bolt? Like a local retailer in SoCal that sells inexpensive M6*1.25 engine case bolts and plastic bolts with the fixed washer and an 8mm head? I'm doing a non-OEM restoration of this basket case YZ125. Still haven't decided how to fix the 'big' bolts, like the axles and swingarm pivots, that are expensive to replace. Also the footpeg brackets and hardware are worn and lost their OEM shine.

You can order them from McFadden Dale except the oval inserts. The step washers and bolts are available but not in stock. The kit Bolts puts out is pretty good. If you need swing arm bolts, you can soak them in CLR, then emery cloth them and WD-40 spin. Grease and reuse. 

30 minutes ago, Cspencemx said:

 

 


Have a feeling you’ll know the answer to this — what changed between 02 to 05 from a body/plastics perspective?

Everywhere I’m looking for graphics seems to make 05 the cut off even for the restyle kit
 

 

 

Big change-fork guards. Front fender became a little sharper I believe in 07 with the #plate. Other than that all other plastics same and graphics enterchange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×