Yoshimura RS2 Install Questions

I am in the process of installing the Yoshimura RS2 full system on my 2013 DR-Z400s and have a few questions.  I searched but didn't find anything (sorry if I missed it).

1.  I bolted everything up per the instructions and everything actually went together pretty well (once I figured out what to do with the included rubber gasket that is not mentioned at all in the instructions.  With everything bolted up and tightened down, there is small gap between the header flange and the cylinder head.  Is this normal?  I replaced the old gasket with a new one, and it does not seem to be leaking.  It is tightened down as much as I dare.  

2. The Yosh system came with some jetting stuff including a shim of some sort.  Do I need to use any of it?  I bought the JD kit and plan on doing the 3x3.

Thank you - 58febc579dc34_RS2Flange.jpg.c60a193984d47f93ff04eb658c4262cd.jpg

That's normal for the RS2. I torqued mine down to factory recommended specs, checked for leaks and all was good.

awesome, thank you.

any ideas on the jetting stuff that came with the exhaust?  I'm assuming that I can just ignore it because I am doing the JD kit.

thanks -

awesome, thank you.
any ideas on the jetting stuff that came with the exhaust?  I'm assuming that I can just ignore it because I am doing the JD kit.
thanks -

Where did you get this exhaust. It came with an exhaust gasket and jets? What jets?

I got it from Rocky Mountain.  I will post what it came with when I get home.

• Like 1