Jason Anderson and Altitude

What is it with him? He got sick in Colorado and didn't finish the race. He finished salt lake and actually didn't well with a podium. I was surprised to hear that he didn't make the post race press conference due to altitude sickness.

You would think that if you know you are prone to it, he would have maybe spent his week off at altitude getting acclimated so this didn't happen.

6 hours ago, woods-rider said:

What is it with him? He got sick in Colorado and didn't finish the race. He finished salt lake and actually didn't well with a podium. I was surprised to hear that he didn't make the post race press conference due to altitude sickness.

You would think that if you know you are prone to it, he would have maybe spent his week off at altitude getting acclimated so this didn't happen.

You cannot acclimate to it. I lived in Colorado for 12 years and that subject has come up several times.

Initially when I moved there I would get migraines but I learned that drinking over a gallon of water a day and bringing a small can of oxygen you can buy at a sporting goods store came in handy. 

I'll tell you what's wrong with him. He is a vagina..So weak..The @$$hole lived in New Mexico for long time.. he shouldnt have this issue. Moving to Florida turned him into a Sandy vag

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

I'll tell you what's wrong with him. He is a vagina..So weak..The @$$hole lived in New Mexico for long time.. he shouldnt have this issue. Moving to Florida turned him into a Sandy vag

Yet homeboy was still able to steal your girl friend and break your sisters heart by drop kicking her afterwards... I understand your bitterness. I suppose it also hurts that he drop kicked suzuki for those bad ass white KTM's as well. 

• Like 3

There is no rhyme or reason to altitude sickness.  I live at 6k and play at altitudes up to 13k and never had an issue.  Then last summer, twice, I had real problems with altitude.  Once riding in the mountains near Rico, CO and another time shortly before that on Devil Mtn. near Pagosa Springs.  I feel for him on this issue, it sucks.  (Even though he's a weirdo ? ).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Yet homeboy was still able to steal your girl friend and break your sisters heart by drop kicking her afterwards... I understand your bitterness. I suppose it also hurts that he drop kicked suzuki for those bad ass white KTM's as well. 

Ouch!  You are good at defending Anderson's honor.  Does he give you the common courtesy of a reach around?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Excitable said:

you would think these guys would figure out training up there is a benefit...   naw lets go sea level.

I am about 750 above sea level and get winded walking up stairs....?

Training at Elevation most certainly has benefits.

But so does training in High Heat & Humidity, like Florida.

• Like 2

Some people are more sensitive to altitude than others.  It took me 2 or 3 months when I moved to CO.  Took longer to get used to how dry my skin gets here.  I still have issues when I go snowboarding at higher altitudes but not as bad.  I have friends from up north that suffer every time they come visit & some that don't even notice it.  

On 4/25/2017 at 0:56 AM, woods-rider said:

I am at 600ft elevation and I used to go backpacking for two weeks every year to the Rockies. You most certainly can acclimate.

I would get terrible headaches until I learned to take the first two days milling around Estes Park(7500') before hitting the back-country in full backpack.  No more headaches.

I am surprised Anderson didn't know this.

1 hour ago, wielywilly-g said:

I am at 600ft elevation and I used to go backpacking for two weeks every year to the Rockies. You most certainly can acclimate.

I would get terrible headaches until I learned to take the first two days milling around Estes Park(7500') before hitting the back-country in full backpack.  No more headaches.

I am surprised Anderson didn't know this.

You just said EVERYONE can acclimate. You sure about that? And why didn't you just drive to the Rockies?

• Like 1

I grew up at around 950' and have lived at 6,700' for more than 18 years, routinely camp for extended periods between 8,000' and 11,000' and ride up to 14,000 feet. 

I love the higher elevations but I have friends that suffer from altitude sickness driving from Omaha to Denver, and relatives that struggle to breathe at night at anything above 5,000'. 

None of my other friends or relatives have ever had any trouble regardless of how high we go.