2015 CRF 450R Fork setup

Alright, lets not turn this into an air fork bitch session.  I am trying to figure out where to set this air fork to get it to be a bit more plush.  I am a b/c track rider and am just having troubles when coming into corners and on general chatter on the track.  It's just not soaking up the brake bumps at all.  I feel like when I lower the air pressure it starts behaving better, but then I start bottoming on jumps.  So I turn up the HSC a bit and it gets really harsh everywhere else.  It was revalved by RG3 along with the rear which feels fine. 

I am about 180 lbs with gear. 105 sag in rear.  Currently running about 34psi and have tried numerous settings.  I am starting back in the middle.  I know its hard to say what to do with a revalve, but I am just curious where everyone else is .  Thanks!

Oil height 90mm Hc 16. LC 14. Hr 12 Lr 12. And I'm 5mm up in the clamps even though Honda says not to on the rear it's Hc 20 LC 16 rebound 4 clicks 102 on sag and 34lbs on forks I don't track ride but lots of trail time this is what I run. I also have a 5.8 spring in rear I way 205 race tech said 6.0 or 6.1 and 6.0 was like running a solid strut for me. Don't give up on the air forks just yet when you get them right they can be very nice

• Like 1

Play with oil height, FC did my 13,15 and 17 all very plush, 15 didnt have the bottoming the ps1s had or the spring showa.s on the 17. I added oil to the ps2 5cc at a time to get it to handle the big hits and still be good on the small stuff. The air pressure is your spring, 33-35  is  psi range for 180 .I ran 36-37 @225lbs..The ps2 is not as good as the ps1 ,I got sick of checking air and went back to a kyb spring fork off a 09 crf450.

Edited by galligar
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, galligar said:

Play with oil height, FC did my 13,15 and 17 all very plush, 15 didnt have the bottoming the ps1s had or the spring showa.s on the 17. I added oil to the ps2 5cc at a time to get it to handle the big hits and still be good on the small stuff. The air pressure is your spring, 33-35  is  psi range for 180 .I ran 36-37 @225lbs..The ps2 is not as good as the ps1 ,I got sick of checking air and went back to a kyb spring fork off a 09 crf450.

Perfect. The oil height thing is really helpful. I was wondering about that since bottoming is an issue sometimes. 

I don't have air forks but when my sag was 105ish the front was harsh at "home" track. I set to 100 for visit to sx track and didn't reset when returning to home, figured I'd see what it felt like. Surprise front felt much better. Guess the extra weight to front helped.

• Like 1

That's for sure I like the front heavy mine I have 102 in rear and have forks up in clamps 5mm got rid of the push and still no over steer and no head shake coming down high speed straights

• Like 1

So I went up 3mm on forks this weekend cause inside lines were still tough at sand-mix track. Haven't changed clicks between 2 tracks. Don't think clicks are best at either. Gonna take a big swing this weekend, plan to go in 2 and 3 front RB and Comp respectively. In 1/2 turn HSC plus in 2 RB and Comp. Unfortunately with only three 15 min practice sessions it's tough to tune at track as I should.

• Like 1