DRZ400 JD jetting high altitude needle wanted

I'm preparing my DRZ400SM (converted with 400S dirt rims and Heidenau tires) for the COBDR, I am looking for the JD jetting high altitude needle if anyone has one to sell me. I bought the bike with the JD kit already installed but did not get any spares.

thanks in advance,

Eric

Was in Silverton last year, bike ran fine with blue needle and 155 jet. If I get a chance to go back I will drop down to a 15/47 gear instead of the 15/44. 

Ok thanks,

what clip position did you have your needle?

i have a 160 main jet, 25 pilot and needle clip at #4 from top, adjustable mixture screw, 3x3 mod and K&N filter, stock pipe.

i am near sea level and rode the desert last week at 3700' and bike ran well. 

I will change main jet to a 155 and adjust needle clip before the COBDR trip.

thanks for the gearing tip too, concerned about long highway miles to get to the four corners and Dolores.

Eric

I'm 3x3 with stock exhaust, clip on 3. You don't get much closer to sea level than flat Illinois. 

Your needle is lower than mine (leaner) so going to a smaller jet might cause problems.

I ran the 15/47 around town last month. 60mph is easy. I'm not sure how much highway there is but if you are loaded with camp gear and plan on doing tincup you might want to change.

JD instructions here. http://www.cdmfabrication.com/bbpics/bike/DRZ_JDJetting.pdf

edit, I read your needle position wrong, you are richer.....

033.JPG

006.JPG

Edited by rustynut2

Nice pics! Thanks for the replies.

im in Northern California, Bay Area/ Central Valley, maybe 52' Alt.

correct, mine is set richer, I will set my needle to the #3 clip from top to lean it out and use 155 main.

if you want to sell red needle let me know, if not no worries since your DRZ ran well at altitude with your carb settings, my DRZ400SM should too.

thanks again,

Eric