Engine dies when clutch released

Back again ...only just fixed my previous issues sighhh

Cuts out as soon as clutch is released 

...now I've tried bypassing my side stand switch and clutch kill switch 

I did this by disconnecting plug and joining the 2/3 pins together on the loom side of the plugs ...still dies 

I've got a constant earth going to my clutch kill switch but no live power ...

This is also the same for my side stand switch ...both tested with ignition ON .. engine OFF.

Anyone tell me what other checks I can do ..or how to correctly bypass the switches? 

Thankyouu

Hi Bam Bam

The diodes for neutral, side stand and starter lockout ultimately provide ground to the red/black at the cdi.  To eliminate the safety stuff (start in gear, drive off with side stand down) cut the red/black at the cdi and connect cdi side wire to ground.  A can not advise you to use bike like this.  The wire colors came from 1995 klr650.

Mike Mike

Will it do it in neutral as well with the clutch out or only if your in gear ? I've bypassed a lot of different bikes and can't remember each models details but I do remember at least one needing the clutch wires left open , not connected to each other or ground . But as I said I can't remember this particular one but it may be something to try though the above instruction ring a bell .

Cheers guys!

Still not working ..have correctly bypassed switches now with no luck...and on the same day realised that it's nothing to do with the clutch ...turns out it runs on tickover fine absolutely sweet ...go to give it any throttle and it's just stalling instantly 

...i was lifting my revs when releasing clutch ...and assumed ...mother of all mistake as they say :naughty: