TX300 a one year wonder?

So with FI coming next year, will the TX300 be a one year only model, or are there plans to keep it around and still have the 300i bikes in addition to?  It may be out there, but I haven't found the answer.  Currently trying to get rid of a KTM950 Super Enduro and an 87 Honda CR250 so I can get a TX, but will be leery if its only there for a year.

My dealer was saying that yea we will only be seeing DI on the enduro/street models in the next couple of years pretty much for euro emissions. I hope something cool comes down the line that would be upgrade able.. got my TMX where it feels ok yesterday but still very lackluster on an otherwise outstanding bike!

3 hours ago, Ronaldo156 said:

My dealer was saying that yea we will only be seeing DI on the enduro/street models in the next couple of years pretty much for euro emissions. I hope something cool comes down the line that would be upgrade able.. got my TMX where it feels ok yesterday but still very lackluster on an otherwise outstanding bike!

I am currently trying to get my Keihin 36 as good as my mikuni was. 

When I had the mikuni on I was at 43-73 needle, 42.5 pj, clip 2 (with a .1mm shim optional), MJ at 460 AS at 1.75

The bike was VERY powerful and pulled better and smoother than any other 300 I've ridden. Very insensitive to environment and altitude change as well.

The downsides to that setting were it was hard to start cold in the morning, and it wouldn't idle very well (downhills it would die unless i was covering the clutch and revving the engine). Otherwise it was a SMOOTH torque monster.

I had also filed the slide, opened the airbox slightly by trimming the battery tray, and I filed the stock reed cage (and later replaced it with the V4R and didn't notice much difference).

After giving the bike more air it needed much more fuel, and the results were drastic.

In the meantime I can't leave good enough alone and I am trying my friends keihin 36 because word on the street is that's what Colton Haaker uses... (not sure if it's a 36 or 38) and his bike sounds and runs incredibly well!

• Like 1