Let's see some Vinduros

Let's see what some you have have done with old enduro bikes. I'm talking about restoring to a race type bike with lights and blinkers removed. I just picked up a 1974 Honda xl175 that I plan on turning into a vinduro. This is what I bought.

IMG_0605.JPG

Edited by Parrett
  • Like 3

Here are some pictures of my Honda XL 175 that I bought a few years ago. I been replacing parts that are vulnerable to breakage. Back in the day I used my bike for Enduros. Now, I just ride in the woods leisurely as I am not getting younger. I am looking for a better muffler, preferably a side pipe.

I have a post on who rides their vintage bikes for more pictures and details on what I have done so far.

I tried to post a picture from 1974 but because it is a PDF, I was unable.IMG_3344.JPG.07bd5f35703bae874d71c8f57833783a.JPG

Northwindrise

IMG_3287.JPG

• Like 3

Making a little progress. The pipe was pretty rotten so my son cut it off. Now it's obnoxiously loud! Still working on what we're going to put on it.

IMG_0611.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 2:28 AM, Parrett said:

Let's see what some you have have done with old enduro bikes. I'm talking about restoring to a race type bike with lights and blinkers removed. I just picked up a 1974 Honda xl175 that I plan on turning into a vinduro. This is what I bought.

IMG_0605.JPG

Very tidy. My Dad's first motorbike was an XL175. 

Said he thought it was the duck's guts at the time. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Nice Honda XL 175s!!

So far there are only XL175s on this post. Maybe we should start a blog for XL 175s. This is the most I have seen together in one post.

"Up in the morning to watch the Northwindrise" Jorma Kaukonan