UOA 2007 DRZSM 26,000 miles

Purchased 7/16 with 19,700 miles, now (4/17) has 27,xxx miles. Used for ADV Touring, commuting and some off road camping, mostly on beat up fire roads but rarely say no to any off road challenge that comes my way if it's in the way. Have used Blackstone in the past (cars) but getting to be a pain in the ass due to USPS. Decided to go with local lab that does construction equipment, heavy duty machinery, and trucks. 

I'm feeling nervous, but the thing rides and sounds pretty damn good. Recent weekend trip all loaded up, it rode flawless, highway, fire roads, and a little no-road action.

Oil: Bel-Ray Thumper Racing Synthetic Ester Blend 4T Engine Oil - 15W50 - 1L. 

Oil Filter: OE Suzuki

Air Filter: Uni with Uni oil

Oil changed at 20K (+ hidden screen), 22K, 24K, 26K. 

What do you think?

26kuoa.PNG

26kuoa2.PNG

Aside from the fact you mentioned 1 liter of oil (it takes 2), a 2,000 oil change interval is really pushing it, so a flush or two like mentioned in the notes sounds like a good idea. Most change it around 1,000 or 1,250. I have been doing 1,500 mile changes, and will be doing them around 1,250 now. I do a bit of highway and when I change it, the oil is looking too dark for me. 15w50 blend is also not the typical oil choice, but that's subjective. I believe most people use 10w40 synth.

• Like 1

I copied the description from TT Store. I knew it took 2L ? Could you imagine what that thing would sound like with 1L? I switched to Maxima Semi-Syn 10w40 at 26,000. I'm likely going to change it at 2000 miles again, get it lab tested and go from there. 

6 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Aside from the fact you mentioned 1 liter of oil (it takes 2), a 2,000 oil change interval is really pushing it, so a flush or two like mentioned in the notes sounds like a good idea. Most change it around 1,000 or 1,250. I have been doing 1,500 mile changes, and will be doing them around 1,250 now. I do a bit of highway and when I change it, the oil is looking too dark for me. 15w50 blend is also not the typical oil choice, but that's subjective. I believe most people use 10w40 synth.

Well it's as simple as putting some oil in for a handful of miles, dumping it, and analyzing the oil. As many times as you see fit. If a mechanic told me I had possible piston or crankshaft bearing damage, and elevated levels of metal floating around my engine, it would be the least I would do.

Edited by HansLanda
  • Like 1