Does this xr50 look like an original Honda or a Chinese copy?

This guy has a 2003 xr50 for 400$ pretty good deal, but the forks are throwing me off since they're usually a different yellowish brown color. Also in the frame next to the forks there's like a little circle, what's that? I don't see those on the 2003 xr50's. what do I look for when I go see it? 

IMG_1790.PNG

Edited by alexBLOX

those forks definitely aren't what comes on an xr50, looks like they are aftermarket. doesn't mean its not a Honda. I would say with almost certainty that its a Honda. the round hole is where a key switch goes. BTW based on the tall bars and aftermarket forks Im guessing its set up for an adult. a kid will most likely be miserable on it.

2 hours ago, 91kdx25088 said:

those forks definitely aren't what comes on an xr50, looks like they are aftermarket. doesn't mean its not a Honda. I would say with almost certainty that its a Honda. the round hole is where a key switch goes. BTW based on the tall bars and aftermarket forks Im guessing its set up for an adult. a kid will most likely be miserable on it.

So should I buy it? The hole/circle im talking about is right next to the Honda black tag. It looks like a rang where you can hook something on to

IMG_1792.PNG

So should I buy it? The hole/circle im talking about is right next to the Honda black tag. It looks like a rang where you can hook something on to

IMG_1792.thumb.PNG.baa00cf71f044d6f1c516a9854a08ff0.PNG

You cannot properly evaluate a dirt bike by pictures. You need to look it over 1st hand. I highly​ recommend you take someone with you that is mechanical inclined.

With the exception of the tall seat and handlebar kit, the bike is a stock XR/CRF50, the forks are the stock ones with the fork guards at the bottom of the legs.

As stated above, you cannot evaluate a bike by one picture, you need to see it in person, hear it run, and even test ride if the owner will let you

4 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

You cannot properly evaluate a dirt bike by pictures. You need to look it over 1st hand. I highly recommend you take someone with you that is mechanical inclined.

Alright cool thanks man.

4 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

You cannot properly evaluate a dirt bike by pictures. You need to look it over 1st hand. I highly recommend you take someone with you that is mechanical inclined.

Edited by alexBLOX

3 hours ago, dirtbkr188 said:

With the exception of the tall seat and handlebar kit, the bike is a stock XR/CRF50, the forks are the stock ones with the fork guards at the bottom of the legs.

As stated above, you cannot evaluate a bike by one picture, you need to see it in person, hear it run, and even test ride if the owner will let you

Alright thanks bro.

That is a Honda, some of the graphic kits used to come with graphics for the forks like that. The ring is for the ignition key switch as others have said. $400 is a decent deal on that.