No Compression after new clucth install

I installed a new clutch in my 125cc ssr pit bike. full manual 4 speed. got it all back together and now kick lever has 0 resistance. I disconnected the clutch cable and did not fix anything. Yes, it has a park plug in it. I searched alll around and kind find out what I did wrong. Any help appreciated.

your clutch has NOTHING, not a single thing, to do with the compression.

Actually Im not totally sure about what I just said.

Edited by 91kdx25088

what exactly did you replace? did you just replace the plates? did you have to remove the kick start assembly?

Crank-mounted clutch? Did you adjust the clutch after the install to get the proper action at the lever?

The bike will not bump start. The clutch doesn't seem to be engaging. Put in gear and rear wheel spins freely. I have adjusted the cable and the nut that's under that plastic plate on the side. Didn't seem to change anything.

Did you make sure the primary gear was seated properly behind the clutch basket before installing on the crankshaft end? If it isn't seated right, the clutch isn't all the way on the crank and will not work properly. Also, did you tighten the clutch nut down by hand? Using an impact tool usually overtightens the clutch and crushes the spacer inside the primary gear, also making it not work properly.

You must have missed a part, or procedure.  Kick lever gear might have needed to be pre-loaded before attaching to engine.

I think the gears the lever engages with, are not aligned right, and do not engage.

That's all I know.

Gary