Canard broken yet again

There has been so much talk about RD retiring, TC really needs to consider retiring after so many injuries. Its hard to see how he could even have any real motivation at this point other than $.

Seems kinda like the same situation JS was in, needing to retire before getting serious injuries that could cause long lasting problems and consequences. Dont want to see any of those guys crippled or worse.:cripple:

• Like 1

Trey needs to either hang it up or drop back down to the 250F class to battle with Davalos.  Regardless he needs to stay far, far away from 450s.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 4

I believe the problem is that Trey cannot ride at the same pace as the top 5 without crashing his brains out. Everyone talks about his speed and how fast he can go but just like JS what good is that speed if you can't sustain it and you are constantly out of racing because of injuries? If he truly wants to continue racing he should realize he is a top 10 guy at best and back it down to a pace to where he can actually finish a season.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Biff Barf said:

I want to thank the man upstairs.

That's Dungey. Trey would be more like "I wanna thank lord Jesus Christ, our holy saviour from Heaven. Thank you God for giving me the strength to have so much faith in the prophet. Thank you Joseph and Mary, Adam and Eve. Shout out to Moses and the sacred cross. God help me recover from my injuries and Jesus continue to be my pilot and stop me from cross jumping and rutting up. Hallelujah and praise the lord!"

• Like 6

10 hours ago, TDW said:

There has been so much talk about RD retiring, TC really needs to consider retiring after so many injuries. Its hard to see how he could even have any real motivation at this point other than $.

Seems kinda like the same situation JS was in, needing to retire before getting serious injuries that could cause long lasting problems and consequences. Dont want to see any of those guys crippled or worse.:cripple:

I had a pretty decent talk with him this year at Anaheim 2, hes not doing it for the money, he wants to win. He wants to prove to himself that he can win races and possibly a championship before he quits racing.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, GBowman said:

I had a pretty decent talk with him this year at Anaheim 2, hes not doing it for the money, he wants to win. He wants to prove to himself that he can win races and possibly a championship before he quits racing.

So basically wants what every rider out there wants?  

• Like 6

That's a great attitude and I wish him well .. but if he wants a championship perhaps he should go try in Canada.
  • Like 5

I hate to say it but it does appear the 450s are just too much, exactly like Barcia (although I wish Barcia would just leave). I love Trey but dude has got to prioritize things. If he is super serious about winning in the Premier awesome, but he has a wife and his whole life ahead of him. After the Jesse Nelson deal he just needs to pull the Windham card and say "I am not jumping that" and live the rest of his life healthy and happy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

So basically wants what every rider out there wants?  

I think you'd be suprised how many riders couldn't care less if they win or not as long as the paycheck is there.

• Like 4

Trey is a serious talent. I for one hope to see him back in form one day and despite the setbacks I think there is still time.

When he is on he can make some of the best look like their just in his way. Some times it seems when he is getting up to speed he forgets that regardless of how confident he feels he needs to draw a line and hold it.

A little Dungy wisdom mixed in with that speed would potentially be championship formula 

• Like 3

At 26 years old, I'd like to believe he has a few more years of racing left in him, but how much more can his body take?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GBowman said:

You have to actually start / finish the race in order to win.  He's obviously riding over his head or he wouldn't constantly be hurt. He has zero chance at a 450 SX / MX title. He's a nut if he doesn't see that.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

You have to actually start / finish the race in order to win.  He's obviously riding over his head or he wouldn't constantly be hurt. He has zero chance at a 450 SX / MX title. He's a nut if he doesn't see that.

You would have thought the best thing he could be doing was to be testing on the KTM so he could get more seat time and find the best set up for himself, making him ready as possible for outdoors. Unfortunately he has crashed in testing before now with the honda forcing him to miss racing. Really thought some direction or advice from Roger or the KTM team would have had him on the track more and with less injury. Got to wonder if even in testing he is riding over his head? Or is he just a little to old?

3 hours ago, GBowman said:

Be great to see him win some races but at his age its going to be tough I think.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Casing-daily said:

He needs to try something new, this whole god thing isn't working. Laveyan satinism?

You know, it's funny you say that.  Whenever we go on a long driving trip with the family, my wife always says this little prayer thing in Spanish and at the end is something loosely translated as "god be with you".  It's at this point that I always interject "y Diablo" and then she always looks at me with a scowl.  But I tell her, "Hey, it's too early to be picking sides".  Besides, Team Honda made a bargain with the devil in the early 80's and won a crap ton of championships.  Of course every rider now gets pile driven by the red beast, but hey, you want to be a champ or not?

As to what Red said ^^^ Maybe Trey should revisit the 250's.  They let Nicoletti back in and maybe Trey could take Barcia with him as his side kick.

• Like 2