Bad reeds? (Pics and symptoms)

So I'm new to two strokes but not new to motorcycles and working on them.  Are my reeds bad?  

Bike has some weird characteristics like dinging to higher rpm randomly on idle, runs like crap when it's hot, hard to start. 

Been doing this with the old stock carb and my new lectron too so I don't think it's jetting. 

My only other guess is an air leak somewhere.. 

20170425_185249.jpg

20170425_185306.jpg

20170425_185255.jpg

When in doubt, replace.

Those missing bits of carbon fiber have chipped off and already been injested thru your engine, replace them before it gets worse.

With usage, usually reeds loose their tension and don't seal properly against the cage / flutter at high rpms.

I can make the engine feel rich at lower rpms and, fall flat higher in the rev range.

Reeds are wear items just like a piston and rings.

On a high revving small bore engine (85/125), it can mean replacing reeds at every other piston change before they fail / decrease performance.

Edited by mlatour

Yes, reeds are a wear item as above mentioned. Yours are done, replace and problems "should" go away as long as you havn't changed jetting.

Well the new reeds are in but I went to replace the oil seal on the power valve and found a little piece of the Piston top missing and the cylinder chipped on the very top too. Half of the head o-ring was gone...  Think I found my issue :(. Anyways I'm have more questions to see if my crank is bad etc. But I'm going to start a new thread. Thanks again guys!