Countershaft seal

I recently bought an 05 klx110 pretty cheap because it had a bad countershaft seal leak. I ordered the seal, collar and o-ring  from rockymountainatvmc. When I installed the parts, the seal went in very loose, like it just sits in there. There's no way it's going to seal. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I know I ordered the correct part number. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be pecked in ...with a little bit of force. Any thoughts?

I have certainly installed my fair share of those seal kits. Now they don't require a lot force to put them in place, with a few gentle taps on the seal driver and your done.  With that said I haven't been able to push one innto place with my fingers. I also have been know to  rub a thin coat of YamahBond on the outside edge of the seal. Now I know this doesn't directly answer your question but maybe it will give you an expectation as to how it shiuld fit so you determine for yourself if you really have an issue or not. 

• Like 1

Thanks modawg. I've not put but a couple of those kits in myself. I definately have an issue. Not sure if its the engine case or not. The area where the seal sits doesn't seem worn, out of round or abnormal. I can't get to it with my calipers to measure it. Just going by feel, it seems normal. maybe some others will chime in. Thanks again.