Sign in to follow this  

2015 crf450r

Hey guys,

I'm new to this bike. Trying to make it trail worthy. The suspension sucks, but it's set for a 185lbs rider. I am 220lbs. Do you think this bike will be a lot better if I revalve the front forks?

Any advice or thoughts to make it a trail bike?

Thank you!

I love mine as a trail bike very easy to make nice get the correct rear spring lower the fork oil change gearing I run 13-51 skid plate hand guards get rid of the dunlops and put s12 Michelins on it swapped out duals for single with spark arrestor very few changes and mods you can make it a great trail bike. And then up here in Michigan I change it all over again and turn it into an awesome ice racing bike

• Like 2

I love mine as a trail bike very easy to make nice get the correct rear spring lower the fork oil change gearing I run 13-51 skid plate hand guards get rid of the dunlops and put s12 Michelins on it swapped out duals for single with spark arrestor very few changes and mods you can make it a great trail bike. And then up here in Michigan I change it all over again and turn it into an awesome ice racing bike

What type of rear spring do you recommend? I was gonna get my air forks revalved by enduro engineering. I ride all over michigan. Do you have any advice on the EFI mapping to change it up?
What about a 13OZ flywheel weight?

Thanks for the help!

Enduro will do a nice job for you I was tod by race tech to put a 6.0 in the rear I did and it was way to stiff so I went with a 5.8 and it feels great I keep about 102 mm sag in mine for the forks I have to keep the oil down a few ounces it makes it plush with my air set at 34lb as of now I don't see any reason at all to do any remap the soft is to soft the race is to hyperkinetic for trails and the base seems perfect. Had a 10 that I did the flywheel weight but on the 15 Honda added more mass and I don't feel I need one the only time I will flame out is when I screw up and in the right stuff my gearing keeps me in the sweet spot And since I also ice ride I need it to pull fast and hard out of corners and it does that very nice the way it is

• Like 2

If your ever up to leota ,Higgins west ,Denton creek ,tomahawk and see number 42 and 91x 42 says Stevens and 91x says Mayer give me a shout we ride every weekend at one of those spots

• Like 2

If your ever up to leota ,Higgins west ,Denton creek ,tomahawk and see number 42 and 91x 42 says Stevens and 91x says Mayer give me a shout we ride every weekend at one of those spots

Do you ever have problems with over heating? I haven't yet but just curious?

I will give a shout forsure! My buddy and I are planning a trip to tomahawk and frederic trail in late may early June. I'll keep an eye out! Thanks!

I never had an over heat problem I have been with other riders that have. On my last three crfs I put a 1.6 tusk cap on them as soon as I got them