13 wr450 short seat?

i just picked up a 13 wr450 and realized it is really tall.im 5,10 and dont really have a problem on the road but will once i get into the woods.can anyvbody recommend either a short seat or really soft one that will compress easily?

At 5'10" you are like the exact height most bikes are designed for. You might think about sticking with the stock seat height for a while to see if you get used to it. I'm 5'10" also and have never wanted a shorter seat and I ride exclusively off-road.

• Like 1

well,i went ahead and contoured my own seat..im really impatient and couldn't see dropping 175 bucks for losing a inch and getting a rock hard seat.ill post some pics once i figure out how to.ive done this in the past a few times.i take the cover off(all except the back staples),mark the foam with a marker,then use a bread knife and start cutting cut out almost all the way to the pan.then i took a knealing pad thats made of memory foam and glue it in.after the glue dries,contour the  edges and the ends.lastly,restaple the cover on..it time consuming,but worked out good.i lost 2 inchs in the seat and ended up with a softer than stock feel.

wr seat.jpg

With the memory foam do you sink into it? I would imagine that it would make it hard to slide back and forth in the seat for weight transferring.

It looks professionally done, good job!

on the other two seats i did like this,the ability to move your butt around was fine.the foam i used is actually one of those portable seat pads to take to a game or stadium type of deal.maybe memory foam isnt a accurate description.it is a little softer than stock foam and for 6.99,works great!..thanks!,,im lovin this bike!