Raleigh, Cary, Durham MX

Looking for people who mostly ride MX. I'm 22, ride a '16 YZ125 and typically ride at Cowbranch MX in Macclesfield NC. Usually ride on Saturdays or Sundays depending on when my other friends want to ride and if the weather is permitting. 

Work in Durham live up in Timberlake. I have a short 3-4 min woods loop behind the house. Other than that NCMP, Cow Branch, VXCS's, GNCC's and heading west to Brushy or Brown is usually where I am riding. Wouldn't mind finding some more local woods trails for a mid week/after work twist sesh. 

11 hours ago, adhorne1775 said:

Where do you ride trails at jap? I live in Mebane and need some new trails

I have a few spots I dual sport ride to in the triangle, what kind of bike do you ride?

I have a ktm 990 and a yz250x. The big girl can do some off-roading, but nothing like the yz, but the yz isn't street legal. I ride on the streets here in Mebane to get to trails and I just get waved at by cops. I imagine it's not the same scenario in Raleigh.

yeah around town here you would not get away with that. There are a couple places I ride you could trailer and unload but none of it is my property so I have always preferred to be able to just leave if my presence were an issue. 

I'd still be down to go to the track though.  I haven't done that kind of riding yet, and I've been wanting to.  I'm having surgery this week, so I'll be down a few weeks, but I'll be hitting it hard after that.  You can shoot me a message and we can set something up. 

I'm more of a track rider personally. I'm going to try out the new track in Lexington NC called Silver Valley MX this upcoming Saturday. Just opened October 2016. If anyone wants to check it out you can youtube "Silver Valley MX" and their are a couple videos of it. 

My girlfriend just got a ttr125LE and shes trying to learn how to ride.  I took her on a trail last week and she lost the back end on a root and came off and hurt her shoulder.  I think shes scared of it now and I don't want her to get bummed about it and sell it, so are there places at the tracks that aren't crowded for her to try and learn to ride, or is it just slammed with riders that's going to intimidate the shit out of her?  I would like to open mine up on a track and not have to worry about a huge mud pit or tree around the next corner, and if she can be there putting around, then everybody is happy.

Cowbranch MX has a little loop she can ride on thats next to the track. Its soft dirt/sand so if she does take a spill it shouldnt be too bad lol. The only people I ever see on it are little ones on smaller bikes or other riders just messing around on pitbikes. NCMP also has a beginner loop as well as a intermediate track that tends to attract some attention usually. Your best bet might be to go out to Busco Beach, not sure if you've heard of it or not but to just put around that'd be perfect. Hope this helped. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not this weekend as I am waiting on my 300 kit from Munn. Racing the VXCS on the 11th. 

There are new tracks opening up in Burlington. Ball Creek MX. Cant wait til its open. It will be nice to have a well prepped turn track in the area so I can slowly work on not being a goon.

• 2 months later...